Sunveld | Hitchhiker Brewing Company

Hitchhiker Brewing Company
Pennsylvania, United States
hitchhikerbrewing.com

Style: Witbier

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by RblWthACoz on 05-11-2014

Reviews by thecheapies:
3.48/5  rDev 0%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.5

Somewhat cloudy wit. Head dissipated to nil. Lemon blonde color.

Prominent coriander and citrus peel in the nose. Light spiciness is mostly the coriander, but probably has some ginger coming through. Almost smells like there is added rye malt to the wheat.

Perfume-y flavors with that ginger root coming through in a very dry capacity. Squares the coriander back. Yeast has great Belgian mustiness without any sweet fruity notes. Citrus zest lends more to slight tartness than lingering fruitiness. Quiet, but simply good.

Lacking any good carbonation. Too close to flat. Body is light-medium.

Great flavors. Impeccably dry and unique. Shame about the carbonation.

3.72/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Pours completely foggy with a minimal white head. Flavor has some good citrus tones with lemon and a degree of tartness. But there is a grain edge that strikes my tongue that I could do without. Unfortunately it detracts from the overall. Feel is good and it's easy to drink. I imagine it will be a popular beer with people, but for me it's a one and done. I'm pretty finicky about my witbiers, but that's just me. If you like the style, I think you'll definitely appreciate this one.

Sunveld from Hitchhiker Brewing Company