Golden Monkey | Victory Brewing Company - Downingtown

Victory Brewing Company - Downingtown
Pennsylvania, United States
victorybeer.com

Style: Tripel

A magical, mystical Monkey whose golden sole glows with the wisdom of the ages. This radiant ale is rich in the spirited tradition of Belgian-inspired brewing. Our Golden Monkey is both playfully delightful and profoundly satisfying. Exotic spice from the East rounds out this global journey to joy. Get on board. This Monkey's bound for glory!

Added by purplehops on 09-17-2001

Ratings: 5,631 |  Reviews: 1,791

I guess this is one of those beers that proves that different people can taste things very differently. I took one sip of this and couldn't believe how bad it was. I came here and looked it up and was surprised that it had so many good reviews. Maybe I got a bad bottle. I may try it again but I won't be going out of my way to find it.

... JEESSUUUSS!!! This beer is heinous. No, offense guys... I loved your IPA. I put your IPA right up against my other favs: Magic Hat, Bells 2 hearted, Sweetwater420... ahhhh, miller lite. But this brass monkey is GAWD AWEFUL!!! This beer fails a new un-official standard... The drunk and stoned with no other beer standard.. This shit went down the drain... couldn't do it, I've been drinking and watching world cup soccer all day. This was the beer that made me say: 'Alright, time to cut it off...' Thanks for killing my buzz ass monkey!!!! If I were in prison and it was this or the hooch out of my cellie's butt hole... I would blumpkin him for the hooch.

[Sip]... Yep, I stand by this review/

1.13/5  rDev -69.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1

I was very disappointed with this beer. This is the first and last time I will be trying a beer from Victory Brewing. I'm sorry, but to be completely honest, I haven't had a beer quite this unpleasant tasting in a very long time. I would like to get my money back for this one.

1.16/5  rDev -68.8%

1.22/5  rDev -67.2%

appearance: cloudy with a golden straw color

aroma: Beer has a very uninviting spiced aroma with no noticeable hops. Prior to drinking, I was hoping the aroma wasn't too much of an indicator of flavor. I was wrong.

taste: An overwhelmingly spiced flavor that had hints of banana. Completely horrible taste that was too much to handle

drinkability: Completely undrinkable.

Overall: Horrible. One of the worst beers I have ever consumed. I had to pour the remaining third of the beer down the drain and rinse my repeatedly with the closest beer I could find. I will never buy this one again.

1.42/5  rDev -61.8%

Pours out a hazy golden orange with a thin head that leaves quickly. No lace to speak of. Smells really grainy with a wealth of yeast and booze. Actually, the more I sniff this, the more I realize that this smells like vomit. This is gross. This is really overly sweet with a too strong alcohol presence. This is grainy as all hell. I'd rather some malt liquor. Mouthfeel is sticky and gritty, but not too heavy, thankfully. I would drain pour this, but I just spent all my IRS refund check. Word.

1.45/5  rDev -61%

This was deffinetly not my style. After seeing other reviews I thought this would be a great beer. I was wrong this missed the mark for me on many levels. I thought the smell was not good and the taste was an assult on my taste buds. Again I am only giving my opinion and yes they are like A- holes we all have one and the usually stink. I think I would not like to have another one of these beers again. My friend thinks this beer is great. His taste buds must be off : ) If you are a fan of Trippels you may like this. I haven't gotten to that level yet. However I do like Quads.

Golden Monkey from Victory Brewing Company - Downingtown