HopDevil India Pale Ale | Victory Brewing Company - Downingtown

3.25/5  rDev -20%

4.75/5  rDev +17%

4.2/5  rDev +3.4%

12oz bottle into tulip.

A - Pours a pretty orange amber with a nice head.

S - Citrus zest, grapefruit, toasted caramel malt, and pine.

T - A flavorful blend of spicy citrus hops, grapefruit, earthy pine, biscuit, and sweet caramel malt. Very hoppy initially, but the sweet malt backbone lends some balance. Finish is mildly bitter with earthy hops and bready malts.

M - Creamy and very smooth, medium bodied, clean finish. A little dry.

O - This is an incredible IPA. Easily a "go-to" IPA especially considering the low price point. The alcohol is masked well resulting in an extremely drinkable beer.

3.53/5  rDev -13.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

12 oz bottle poured into a tulip
Best by 10/31/12 stamped on the label

A: Dark copper color, clear body, with a nice off-white head sitting on top. Moderate amount of carbonation visible. Decent lacing down the glass. Head retention is pretty slim.

S: Piney with some small citrus notes. Some dark fruit quality too. Odd.

T: Not the hop punch I was expecting from this beer. I get some pine, toasty malts, and that dark fruit I detected in the nose. That seems out of place for an IPA. Maybe this is the tobacco flavor people mention in some beers. I guess I've never eaten tobacco, so I wouldn't know exactly. Not a quality I find especially pleasing, most especially in an IPA. Pretty light bitterness. Somewhat earthy in the aftertaste.

M: Smooth and very tingly with the carbonation. Oily slickness.

O: I thought for sure this would satisfy my hop craving, but it just didn't do the job. A little underwhelmed with my first offering from Victory. The odd dark fruit flavor really threw me off here. Maybe I'll try it again down the road with a bottle that's a little more fresh.

4.35/5  rDev +7.1%

A- Beautiful amber in color, looks very appealing to me.

S- This beer smells fantastic. I love the aroma, you can smell some serious hop action. There's also a nice tone of citrus/floral. Smelling it makes me want to drink more every time.

T- The taste is fantastic. I love hops, so this beer is very pleasing to me. Its a nice punch of hops with a nice citrus/floral taste that doesnt become overpowering.

M- Great Bite

O- Great taste, powerful hops. I enjoyed this beer quite a bit, and will be picking it up again. If you like hoppy beers, specifically IPAs then I would also give this a shot.

HopDevil India Pale Ale from Victory Brewing Company - Downingtown