Storm King Stout | Victory Brewing Company - Downingtown

Victory Brewing Company - Downingtown
Pennsylvania, United States
victorybeer.com

Style: American Double / Imperial Stout

Emerging from the deepest shades of darkness, a rolling crescendo of flavors burst forth from this robust stout. The thundering, hoppy appeal of Storm King subsides into the mellow subtleties of roasted malt, exhibiting an espresso-like depth of character in its finish. An exquisite blend of imported malts and whole flower American hops merge harmoniously in this complex ale. Discover the dark intrigue of Storm King, as it reveals the rich, substantial flavors that it holds within.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-10-2001

Liked:
4.05/5
Alströms:
3.8

Ratings: 5,923 |  Reviews: 2,645

No bottle date but it has a "enjoy by date" of april 29 2015
Poured into small snifter.

Appearance- Black with a loose tan head. Good lacing.

Smell- Chocolate and alcohol is the aroma up front. Some vanilla, coffee, and hops round it all out.

Taste - Little bit of a milk shake taste up front. Nice roasty chocolate with a good, not over powering, alcohol flavor. Some hops and vanilla.

Mouthfeel- Good mouthfeel. I might like it a little thicker, but this is good how it is.

Drinkability- At 9.1% it is good that this is in a 12oz bottle, but I could easily drink a bomber and be satisfied.

I remember the last time I had this I thought it was a little thin and unimpressive. Now I think it is a good Imperial Stout and I will be on the look out for it again.

It's been over two years since I first tried this beer, about the same time that I started trying craft beers. I'm not too sure how much I liked it back then, but wow, I love this beer now.

Appearance-Dark black with a 2 finger tan head, lacing subsides quickly.

Smell-Extremely Hoppy, Malt, Chocolate, Expresso with some citrus.

Taste-Lots of flavors going on. I can taste the chocolate and the citrus from beginning to end, with a slightly bitter finish, that stays around for a bit leaving you wanting more.

Mouthfeel-Alcohol is definitely present, very hoppy suprise.

Overall-This is a very hard beer to rate. Is it a Stout or DIPA? To me i'm not sure, I've had better RIPs before. Either way, don't think too much into it, great beer. drink up and enjoy.

Storm King Stout from Victory Brewing Company - Downingtown