Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Storm King Stout | Victory Brewing Company - Downingtown

Victory Brewing Company - Downingtown
Pennsylvania, United States
victorybeer.com

Style: American Double / Imperial Stout

Emerging from the deepest shades of darkness, a rolling crescendo of flavors burst forth from this robust stout. The thundering, hoppy appeal of Storm King subsides into the mellow subtleties of roasted malt, exhibiting an espresso-like depth of character in its finish. An exquisite blend of imported malts and whole flower American hops merge harmoniously in this complex ale. Discover the dark intrigue of Storm King, as it reveals the rich, substantial flavors that it holds within.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-10-2001

3.8

Ratings: 5,946 |  Reviews: 2,656

3.5/5  rDev -13.6%

3.75/5  rDev -7.4%

4.83/5  rDev +19.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I appreciate the dedication of those that can write such detailed reviews. I will apologize up front for not going in that direction. I am simply going to say that right now, Storm King is my favorite beer.

Since the summer, I have been sampling a variety of stouts and porters. Had the pleasure of hitting up Deschutes in Portland this summer and enjoyed their Black Butte Porter and their Nitro Obsidian Stout. Can't find them here in Pittsburgh or I'm sure I'd enjoy more of them.

Some others have been Old Dominion Oak Barrel Stout, Bell's Expedition Stout, Kona Pipeline Porter, Wolaver's Oatmeal Stout, Rogue Chocolate Stout, Sam Adams Maple Pecan Porter, and more.

Storm King just tastes right for me. I'm not sure about all of the malts and hops and whathaveyous but it's just tasty. I love to pour it into a snifter and let it warm naturally. It has a great aroma and is very heavy and full-bodied. Like Lays chips, there are times that I can enjoy just one. Tomorrow watching the Final Four will not be one of those evenings!

Bell's Expedition is equal...the difference in price will keep me coming back to Storm King. If you haven't tried it I will tell you to try a six pack and hopefully enjoy it as I do. Thanks for reading...

3.75/5  rDev -7.4%