Whirlwind Witbier | Victory Brewing Company - Downingtown

good
good
Read the review
Whirlwind WitbierWhirlwind Witbier

Victory Brewing Company - Downingtown
Pennsylvania, United States
victorybeer.com

Style: Witbier

Availability: Summer

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-03-2001

perfectly done for this style.
pours a pale yellow with a bubbly 1 inch head that dissipates failry slowly and leaves a little lacing throughout.
smell was citrusy and spicy, slight pepper and clove notes.
taste was a hit of the spice up front that finished smooth and crisp at the end with hints of the citrus lingering.
very refreshing on a hot summer day. Score one for Victory again

4.82/5  rDev +29.9%

My very first time having Victory. I was impressed.

If you are a fan of the wheat ales or the dirty blondes, this is the one for you. Crisp & refreshing.

A very good brew for a novice to the beer drinking realm.

Overall: A great every day beer , must try!

4.75/5  rDev +28%

4.75/5  rDev +28%

4.74/5  rDev +27.8%

Reminds me of New Belgium Sunshine

4.68/5  rDev +26.1%

On tap at home...Rather,it was!As of now,my dictionary lists Victory Whirlwind Wit as being synonmous with, SUMMER! Purchased this 1/6 keg 12 days ago,and,well..."where'd it go"? Damn,this is now my favorite summer brew.Velvety mouthfeel,beautiful 2 finger creamy head,slightly hazy appearance, subtle lemon,citrus flavors,very well balanced!....Homer Simpson's toes would be curled,his eyes rolled back,while exclaiming,....MMM,YUMMY!!!
Goes down too smoothly.Highly recommended.
Treat yourself right.
Go and get some.

4.68/5  rDev +26.1%

This was my first Victory beer and I can definitely say I wasn't disappointed. The beer pours a hazy yellow color out of the bottle and the bottom of the bottle will usually have a good deal of yeast. The smell isn't that exciting but you can note a bit of a citrusy smell as well as a smell of spice. The taste of this beer, at least to me, is very hard to beat. It is a bit sour and full of citrus flavor. It is not a heavy beer and feels great on the tongue with its ample carbonation. As far as drinkability is concerned, this beer is one of the most drinkable you will find. I bought a six-pack a few weeks ago(along with a lot of other beers) and this time that I went back to my old reliable liquor store, I bought myself a whole case of it, something that I rarely do because I usually like to mix it up. Maybe one day I'll get sick of it but I highly doubt it. I can't wait to have these when summer comes along.

4.67/5  rDev +25.9%

Best beer I have ever had hands down

4.65/5  rDev +25.3%

A hazy, lemon-gold beer served with a fluffy white head. Head shows good retention and lacing. The aroma is a crisp coriander and wheat malt note, a touch of sweetness, and then nice cloves. The taste is a strong lemon, malt, and clove taste, reminiscent of Hoegaarden but taken to the next level. It is sweet and crisp, but then is slightly puckering on the finish. The mouthfeel is exceptionally creamy and feels like a much stronger, malty beer, but still refreshes. This beer is delicious and well balanced, making it a great summer refresher/session beer. Actually, the mouthfeel would take it well into the fall months. I've had this on tap and in bottles before, but I don't remember it being this good!

4.62/5  rDev +24.5%

A pretty solid witbier. Murky gold color, good carbonation and lace. Fruity wildflower combo on smell and taste. Very nice Belgian-ish complexity. This doesnt seem to sell too well--I have no idea why. For the style, this is almost the ideal example. Unfortunately, its not my favorite style. I think this is worth trying to use in a pancake batter with some morning bloodys.

4.58/5  rDev +23.5%

My last beer of the night!

A - Cloudy yellow in color. Sticky white head that's fluffy.
S - Citrus and wheat are the backbone with a slight bread.
T - Smooth. The flavors are equally represented as citrus and wheat followed by a bready taste that dulls away with little bitter. Yummy.
M - Crisp and clean
D - I may have to have this again since I lost the bottle for my label collection but I enjoyed this just as much as other offerings by Victory. Go golden monkey!

4.55/5  rDev +22.6%

I had this on tap at Victory. It is a fine, cloudy yellow-golden color in the glass. Decent white, fluffy head. There is a somewhat spicy aroma. The corriander comes through. Many flavors come to the taste buds. It is very rich and full. An excellent example of the style. Not quite up to Hoegaarden or the Allagash, but still superb!

4.52/5  rDev +21.8%

A - Poured a cloudy, straw color with fine carbonation rising to the surface. Head development is moderate, yet dense.

S - Citrus with a delicate spice aroma. Smell is definitely characteristic of a belgian-style ale with an underlying, somewhat grass-like odor. Overall, very pleasant.

T - Simply excellent. Mildly sweet with enough lemon/citrus to give this beer a slight tartness.

M - Very carbonated, crisp, and dry.

D - Exceptionally good, this beer is easy to drink and refreshing on a hot day.

4.52/5  rDev +21.8%

im a big fan of this beer

im very sad its a seasonal

in my exsperience I think its the best domestic witbier and also relativly cheap

its just light and resfreshing with a nice balance of wheat and a tall white froathy head

i was even lucky enough to pick up a 6 pack of it the other day, I dont think it will be back out till the spring

love victory and I really need to get up to the brewery soon

4.5/5  rDev +21.3%

Pours a pale pale yellow with a two finger white head that melts quickly to fine lacing. Aggressive bubbling from the bottom of the glass continues to rise to the top.
Aroma is purely dry wheat malts, white pepper, and light, light banana or bubble gum.
Taste is definately a bready wheat with a little peppery bite on the end with the faintest of banana ester remaining on the tongue.
Very light and refreshing with a palette cleaning dryness in the aftertaste.

Whirlwind Witbier from Victory Brewing Company - Downingtown