Sunnybrook Blonde | Victory Brewing Company - Downingtown

Added by Reagan1984 on 07-04-2008

3.9

4.49/5  rDev +15.1%

Sunnybrook Blond

I'm actually very happy to be adding a beer to the Victory line-up of reviewed styles. This blonde ale was purchased last week in a growler from the Downingtown, PA.
I noticed this growler was green in color to the other brown ones I've purchased from Victory in the past.

This one was hand delivered by a buddy who I am very grateful too. (along with a couple of others)

The beer poured a bright clear pale gold in color and a very creamy head formed on top. The head actually lingered for a while then settled to a thin ring around the edge of the glass.

Some nice carbonation visible and a small amount of lacing left behind. Not much really.

Aroma was very nice and reminded me of a field of grass. Also ever so slightly sweet like after a nice rain storm. Also a slightly citrus aroma. Lime?

Taste is very refreshing and well balanced. Nice subtlety to the hop flavor that does not overpower the light crisp taste of the beer.

Starts with a nice burst of flavor then settles to a smooth balance of the citrus notes and the malty sweetness. (Not too sweet)

It then moves to finish with both nice fresh hop bitterness and bread like after taste.

Light/refreshing mouth feel that allows this to become a wonderful summer session beer.

Very nice drinkability.

If they consider this their version of a Summer Beer then it's among the top two I've had this season.

My buddy told me that he thought they were coming to the end of this run. I hope you get a chance to try this one, it's very nice and would go great with any Summer outing.

Also a great beer to give to your buddy who is afraid to stray from the Macro-Brews.

Excellent effort Victory!

Enjoyed on-tap at the brewpub.

Served as a pale yellow colored beer with moderate white puffy head.

Smell has an upfront fruity character with a touch of hops in the back.

Taste has has the malt to start, with a very light hop presence.

Left a nice flavor sensation in the mouth.

A nice easy to drink beer. Paired well with my meal.

3.98/5  rDev +2.1%

Pours an oh so slightly hazed blonde color with a white head. One dimensional nose. Flavor is smooth. Nice even combo of bitter and sweet. The earthy bitter slight bite really works. Later on I think I notice some lemon tones. Feel is good on all ends. I could drink a lot of this. Bottle it up and we've got a bestseller folks.

3.53/5  rDev -9.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Reviewed on 07/10/08. On tap at Blind Tiger. Pours a golden yellow with a small white head. Aroma of light fruits, sweet malt. Flavor of light fruits, light toast, wheat. Nice and malty. Not very complex, but it is tasty and refreshing.
7/4/7/4/14 (3.6/5)