Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...

Samuel Adams Octoberfest | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams OctoberfestSamuel Adams Octoberfest
3.67/5
Good
Samuel Adams OctoberfestSamuel Adams Octoberfest

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Massachusetts, United States

Ratings: 7,609 |  Reviews: 2,184

3.25/5  rDev -11.4%

3.25/5  rDev -11.4%

3.5/5  rDev -4.6%

Sam Adams Octoberfest is the perfect beer for Autumn for me. Its a very well crafted beer in my opinion. I've had Sam's Octoberfest mostly in bottles or on tap. There's not too much of a difference between the two but on tap is better. I'd like to try the can soon but not really in a rush to. For me, Sam Adams Octoberfest is one of the few beers I get excited for when its released in "season". So much I like to buy in bulk and store it for months after when its Alpline Spring time or even Summer Ale of the next year.
Appearance-wise it has a golden brown color to it when poured. Almost like if they were to blend Autumn leaves into their beer. Very distinctive and easy to spot for me. Just a good sign my favorite season of Fall is around the corner.
Smell-wise it has a very malty German lager smell to it. Very malty and sweet with a hint of bitterness to it. Very well balanced.
Taste-wise Sam's Octoberfest has a lot of German influences in it. Full, malty, ecstatic for the taste buds, and with a hint of bitterness. To me just a perfect beer that tastes great and goes down very smoothly.
In the mouth its very refreshing and malty with a hint of bitterness while leaving you wanting more. Very smooth and full.
Overall Sam Adams Octoberfest is one of my top 5 beers. Its not for everyone but it will always be a favorite of mine and god help it if it stays in my fridge.

3.04/5  rDev -17.2%

Poured from a 12oz standard pressure-cap bottle into a pint glass. Reviewed live.

A- Finger cream-colored head with low retention. Walnut-colored body with moderate clarity and middling carbonation.

S- Some caramel malts, spices and warm notes.

T- Warm, caramel and malty. Has a bit of a spicy note at the end of the taste.

M- Thicker and bubbly.

O- Not much to say about this. Middling.

2.5/5  rDev -31.9%

2.71/5  rDev -26.2%

Poured from 12oz bottle into pint glass.

A: Dark, almost murky brown. Not much head or lacing to speak of.

S: Doesn't smell like much, there's a faint aroma that I think smells a bit like corn, but it's very subtle.

T: It doesn't taste bad, but it's not a remarkable taste either. Bitter aftertaste.

M: Robust and full. Average carbonation.

O: Got this beer as part of a seasonal sampler. I don't think I'd seek it out to buy on its own, but I don't think I'd refuse it if someone were to offer me one again. I could take this beer or leave it, really. There are better Octoberfests to be had.

3.75/5  rDev +2.2%

Samuel Adams Octoberfest from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Beer rating: 3.67 out of 5 with 7,609 ratings