Samuel Adams Octoberfest | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

good
good
Read the review
Samuel Adams OctoberfestSamuel Adams Octoberfest

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Massachusetts, United States

Ratings: 7,489 |  Reviews: 2,149
3.04/5  rDev -16.7%

4.25/5  rDev +16.4%

3.98/5  rDev +9%

12oz bottle into a pint glass.

Pours a clear dark amber color. Has a nice frothy head that leaves good sticky lacing.

Smell is bready malt and some earthy notes. A bit of spice from something as well.

Taste is sweet caramel like malts and a touch of fruity hoppiness.

This is a tasty beer. One of the better Octoberfests I've had this year. Recommended.

4.19/5  rDev +14.8%

Pours a copper/pumkin color with a big head that nearly overflowed in my pint glass. Lacing all over the glass.

Smell is pretty mild and hard to detect for me right now....but after coming in temperature there were lovely fruit tones, esters, hops and cherry.

Taste is sweet and malty with less emphasis on the hops at first but a bit of bitterness rings through at the end to balance the flavor well.

Mouthfeel is heavy with soft carbonation with a long yet pleasant finish.

Not the best beer ever but a very good marzen. My favorite so far this season.

3.88/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured a nice deep copper, amber color, with 2 finger white head.

Aroma - Really nice toasty, malty smell, and has a pretty good amount of sweetness aroma as well.

Taste - Again, malt forward, with sweetness coming into play, but not overly sweet in my opinion. Toasty bready flavor. Enough hops to just balance out the sweetness.

Drinkability - I could definitely [and have] throw back several of these in a sitting without a problem.

Overall, I remember now why this is the beer that got me into the craft scene. This is a really good beer, nice malty profile, which I am drawn too in general. But I think I may have built this beer up in my head since the first time I tried it, as I can see now it's not "The best beer in the world" as I thought when I first tried this. ;)

3.96/5  rDev +8.5%

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a beer mug. Part of a sampler pack.

Appearance: Amber-to-copper in color, it pours with a nice head which fizzes down to nothingness over the course of several minutes. Decent, moderate lacing around the edges, and visible carbonation.

Smell: Very malty. Just a touch of bitter hops, and a mild tone of alcohol.

Taste: Surprisingly rich. You can taste the toastiness. A touch piney, and very pleasant hops (they really shine through here).

Mouthfeel: Just very mellow all the way around. The carbonation doesn't make much of an appearance, but it tastes good enough that that isn't an isn't.

Drinkability: I am not a big Octoberfest guy...haven't had good experiences with the beers before. This one may have the power to cause me to reconsider. I like it! Could have a few of these.

4.5/5  rDev +23.3%

Purchased as a sixer from.. wal mart.. poured into a tulip

Pours a very nice tobacco color with decent head. Smells of rich tobacco actually and thick malts. The smell just smells manly or something, like leather and wood.. yeah.. Tastes is smooth and not too sweet. great body and great finish.

This is a great beer for beginners I think. If i were to try to get someone away from BMC and into something with flavor but not too offensive. bam.

3.5/5  rDev -4.1%

4.25/5  rDev +16.4%

3.5/5  rDev -4.1%

3.84/5  rDev +5.2%

Pours a nice brown/orange color with a decent caramel head. Smells of sweet sticky goodness with malt and little pumpkin flavors mixed in. Taste is a nice mix of caramel, pumpkin, malty blend. The finish is very smooth and easy, very pleasant mix of flavors and easy sipping beer. Great beer to kick off fall season.

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a guinness glass.

Appearance- Dark copper/golden color with an off white head. Good lacing. 4/5

Smell- Nutmeg, caramel. These beers are hard to decipher some of the different spices in them. I hope to change that as I drink more of these this year. 4/5

Taste- Sweet caramel and some nutmeg. Again, there are spices in here that I can't put my finger on. Is that a bit of cinnamon? There is a creaminess in here as well. Maybe a hint of pumpkin or is that just in my head? 4/5

Mouth feel- The mouth feel starts out thin then gets a little creamy and ends thin again. 4/5

Overall- I am really going to dive into these beers this year. The best one that I have had, and the one beer that opened my eyes to this style was St. Arnold's Divine #9. Also MS treat was very good as well. This one is a little pedestrian in comparison, but good non the less. 4/5

3.62/5  rDev -0.8%

Appearance: Clear amber with brown murky undertones. Subtle glow and nice cloudy foaming white head.

Smell: Deeply roasted malts. Chestnut and nutmeg. Earthy and noble hops. A light spiciness accompanied by leaf and dark fruit.

Taste: Doughy toasted biscuit Spicy herbals. Light mint and grain. Dry

Mouthfeel: Medium chewy. Malty. Dry.

Overall: Not a big fan of this style but I find this beer to be pleasant and exceptionally drinkable.

3.95/5  rDev +8.2%

3.33/5  rDev -8.8%

12oz. bottle.

I found this beer to be uninspired. It is a well made beer but just a notch over average.

It has a nice copper appearance. Small head with no lacing. The head dissipates almost immeadiatly. I swirled this beer alot to get the scents out. Very weak. Sweet malts and some fruit. An unpleasant sour scent at the end.

The flavors are many but only the malt really stands out. It is a medium sweet caramel flavor that is prominent. Some hops but not any bite to them. There is some mild fruit offerings and a green grape taste at the end. The aftertaste lingers too long as well.

It drinks pretty easy. Goes down smooth. Nothing extra special. Not too dense. Medium bodied. I want to try some other Octoberfest beers and see the difference.

I think this company has some excellent product. I just do not find anything really unique about this beer. A notch above average.

3.25/5  rDev -11%

3.75/5  rDev +2.7%

Samuel Adams Octoberfest from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)