Samuel Adams Octoberfest | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams OctoberfestSamuel Adams Octoberfest
3.67/5
Samuel Adams OctoberfestSamuel Adams Octoberfest

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Massachusetts, United States
samueladams.com

Style: Märzen / Oktoberfest

Availability: Fall

Added by BeerAdvocate on 09-10-2001

Ratings: 7,596 |  Reviews: 2,180

3.72/5  rDev +1.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

12 oz bottle poured into stein.

Pours a rich orange/brown with a finger and a half finger of off white head. Smells very sweet and bready, with a hint of roastiness. Tastes like sweet caramel, bread, and roasted malts with no hop profile. It has a very thin body and low to moderate carbonation. Nothing impressive, but it's got a good solid sweet roasted malt backbone. It was good paired with sausage, but left me wanting more in the mouthfeel.

2.15/5  rDev -41.4%

I'll preface my comments by saying I don't consider myself an expert in any kind of specific beer, but I do feel that I'm developing a more "qualified" eval of certain types (probably 'cause I like them the most!) ... and the Oktoberfest is up on the top of those beers I think I know.

The Sam Adams is a totally "un-rememberable" brew. The nose is underwhelming, and the taste and mouth feel don't help the first impressions at all.

I'll not be bringing any of these home...

3.7/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Gotten in this year's Fall Sampler twelve pack with a freshness date of Dec. 2013.

This pours an absolutely beautiful copper-amber with decent head and lacing. Crystal clear and a lot of carbonation. A little bit more carbonation than I would have liked to see, honestly, but it's no big problem.

Smell is very malty and sweet with some toast and caramel notes, a some yeasty and metallic notes, and a faint touch of hops. Overall scent profile is sweet and bready. Taste is again sweet and bready, some sweet earthy tones and a touch of hops on the swallow. It's also a bit spicy to me, which is nice, but I've had better beers. However this is refreshing and not overpowering. Mouthfeel is crisp and a little on the watery side like lagers tend to be, and sticky.

Overall this is a nice beer and one that I would definitely drink on a cooler day; maybe the fact that it's hatefully hot has put me off this beer a little bit, so I apologize if my rating is a little bit skewed. I would drink this again, but wouldn't go out of my way for it.

To good health and good beer.

3.71/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.85/5  rDev +4.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Served in a snifter.

A: pours a clear golden orange color with a short off white head that dissipates fast leaving small amounts of lacing.

S: Smells of wheat, yeast, malts, spices

T: Mellow, crisp, sweet taste. Tastes of wheat, hints of citrus and fruit, yeast, malts, sugars, very smooth

M: Medium bodied with medium amounts of carbonation, fairly balanced

O: Overall, another pretty good beer from Sam Adams, nothing extraordinary but still pretty enjoyable and I would not mind having another, recommended.

4.25/5  rDev +15.8%

Samuel Adams Octoberfest from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Beer rating: 3.67 out of 5 with 7,596 ratings