Samuel Adams Octoberfest | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

good
good
Read the review
Samuel Adams OctoberfestSamuel Adams Octoberfest

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Massachusetts, United States
samueladams.com

Style: Märzen / Oktoberfest

Availability: Fall

Added by BeerAdvocate on 09-10-2001

Ratings: 7,477 |  Reviews: 2,148

This is one of my favorite, if not favorite beers, copper colored, sweet malty, a great balance of malts to make this beer have a nice body, smells amazing, my only complaint is that I wish I could get this year round, the best oktoberfest beer out there

Don't underestimate this "commercial beer". Bottle poured into pub glass. This beer must be consumed at slightly cooler than room temperature to really appreciate the big malt complexity it has to offer. At fridge temperature, the flavor and body get drowned out.
Color is a beautiful autumn amber. Big malt flavors of sweet honey, toasted caramel, copper (yes the metal). Smooth finish.
Full body, high carbonation.

Sam Adams Octoberfest is the perfect beer for Autumn for me. Its a very well crafted beer in my opinion. I've had Sam's Octoberfest mostly in bottles or on tap. There's not too much of a difference between the two but on tap is better. I'd like to try the can soon but not really in a rush to. For me, Sam Adams Octoberfest is one of the few beers I get excited for when its released in "season". So much I like to buy in bulk and store it for months after when its Alpline Spring time or even Summer Ale of the next year.
Appearance-wise it has a golden brown color to it when poured. Almost like if they were to blend Autumn leaves into their beer. Very distinctive and easy to spot for me. Just a good sign my favorite season of Fall is around the corner.
Smell-wise it has a very malty German lager smell to it. Very malty and sweet with a hint of bitterness to it. Very well balanced.
Taste-wise Sam's Octoberfest has a lot of German influences in it. Full, malty, ecstatic for the taste buds, and with a hint of bitterness. To me just a perfect beer that tastes great and goes down very smoothly.
In the mouth its very refreshing and malty with a hint of bitterness while leaving you wanting more. Very smooth and full.
Overall Sam Adams Octoberfest is one of my top 5 beers. Its not for everyone but it will always be a favorite of mine and god help it if it stays in my fridge.

Samuel Adams Octoberfest from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)