Samuel Adams Octoberfest | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams OctoberfestSamuel Adams Octoberfest
Liked This Beer
3.67 w/ 7,546 ratings
Samuel Adams OctoberfestSamuel Adams Octoberfest

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Massachusetts, United States

3.67/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 7,546 |  Reviews: 2,163
3.88/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

2.56/5  rDev -30.2%

4.28/5  rDev +16.6%

3.25/5  rDev -11.4%

3.6/5  rDev -1.9%

2.92/5  rDev -20.4%

3.64/5  rDev -0.8%

4.12/5  rDev +12.3%

Sam Adams Octoberfest.

I'll probably catch a lot of crap from the beer snobs but I expect it to be overridden by mass adulation from the people in my area (boston) for how high I rate this, and granted my views are skewed by a nostalgic feel this beer gives me, but I think this is a tremendous Americanized interpretation of the classic German Marzen for which it’s styled after. I don’t have a lot of other beers of this style to compare it to so maybe it’s the absolute bottom feeder of it’s class, but we’ll overlook my naivety and just focus on the beer itself.

One of Sam Adams more popular seasonal brews Octoberfest pours a dark ruby red that softly fades into a medium bodied copper. Poured at a finger and a half head into an Octoberfest styled dimpled beer mug (thanks Michele) my nostalgic side takes over as the summer humidity is immediately sucked from the room and the crisp apple picking morning fall air is ushered in in a zephyr of fall winds with the falling autumn leaves dropping at my feet, Glorious!

Beer has a chewy citrus to toffee flavor that finishes thick and sticks to the pallet and throat. Tastes like a 1 pm Sunday afternoon football kickoff…. Or a caramelized sugar coated and pan fried pear chased with heavy malts.
Smell is similar and quite appeakling

To me this beer *IS* fall. Popping open a can or bottle of this closes the door on BBQs and beach parties. Days at the pool and drenching humidity and ushers in football, leaf raking, frosted morning windshields and hoodie weather.

Cheers!

3.25/5  rDev -11.4%

3.36/5  rDev -8.4%

4.16/5  rDev +13.4%

3.08/5  rDev -16.1%

Samuel Adams Octoberfest from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Beer rating: 49.2% out of 100 with 7,546 ratings