Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Read the review
Samuel Adams Cherry WheatSamuel Adams Cherry Wheat

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Massachusetts, United States
samueladams.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by BeerAdvocate on 01-25-2001

Ratings: 3,879 |  Reviews: 1,174

Has to be the worst fruit beer I've ever had. totally unbalanced. Very tart to begin with but soon over powered by the excessive hop bitterness. I do not like bitter things. It may be a fruit beer for hopheads but I'll be pouring the second bottle down the sink. I don't dislike anyone enough to give it to them.

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat is the saddest excuse for a beer I have had to date. As soon as I popped the top I was met with a familiar smell of my grandmothers breath after a few cherry cough drops. The smell did not get better, as it poured into the pint glass, I was met with lots of different, interesting smells; cough drops, hairspray, toothpaste, gasoline and a fresh box of crayons. Appearance is also sad. With a name like Cherry "Wheat" i expected at least a finger of head... none. Dull color and few signs of anything alive inside the glass. Taste was very similar to the sore throat sprays that we all use as a last resort at 2:45 in the morning, when asprin just doesn't work, and your throat feels like its bleeding inside. Mouthfeel is also similar; I would not call this "carbonated". Maybe like a prickly, waxy, ... numbing novocaine. Drinkability; If I had to define drinkability I would describe it as the opposite of everything to do with this beer. As my mouth is screaming to keep the rancid poison drug out of my body my open-mind tells me to give it another chance. After an epic battle between my open-minded brain and my taste buds, my taste buds come out as the victor as this poison is poured down the drain.
If you are offered a sip of this beer for free, take it. Other than that... don't bother unless you are trying to turn a bad day worse.

Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)