Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams Cherry WheatSamuel Adams Cherry Wheat
3.16/5
Okay
Samuel Adams Cherry WheatSamuel Adams Cherry Wheat

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Massachusetts, United States
samueladams.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by BeerAdvocate on 01-25-2001

Ratings: 3,901 |  Reviews: 1,173

3.26/5  rDev +3.2%

A-pours an orange/really soft amber coloe with a fluffy off white head with pretty good retention
S-cherry cough syrup and wheat
T-More of the same. Cherry and wheat malt mixed up front met with some hop bitterness and leaves cherry flavor on the palate. It's honestly not badly balanced but the artificial cherry flavor is a bit much
M-medium-light bodied
O-Not my favorite but I could drink it

4.25/5  rDev +34.5%

4.35/5  rDev +37.7%

Great Fruit Beer. I keep buying this without the intent of getting it because I like to try many different brews. But for some reason, I really enjoy this beer. To me, its got a great summer cherry, nutty flavor that goes down easy and smooth. Great brew while cutting the grass or working in the garage etc... I like it.

2.25/5  rDev -28.8%

2.75/5  rDev -13%

3.92/5  rDev +24.1%

A - Pours a slightly cloudy yellow-orange with a one and a half finger head. Dissipates quickly to a light cap and sticky lacing.

S - Heavy sweet cherries, background of wheat, very nice.

T - Sweet at first, very small cherry flavor, then a huge burst of the cherries on the swallow. Mild yeast and hop bitterness in the aftertaste.

M - Medium body, heavy carbonation. Needs less bubbles.

O - I feel this is a really good cherry beer, a little heavy handed in the aroma but a great flavor profile. Like many of their beers, a bit too much carbonation. Nice to have if you are in the mood for a fruity beer.

3.7/5  rDev +17.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

these are unkind reviews. this is actually a pretty damn good fruit beer. it pours rather plain looking very clear golden color with a small white head. smells like fresh black cherries, floral and juicy, with plenty of wheat malts and a fairly mild yeast strain. flavor is major cherry all the way through. not dissimilar to the cherry vanilla yogurts ive seen around in the groceries. its got that sort of sweet fresh fruit element that i really like, it bitters for a second and then rounds out at the end. id like so see a more funky yeast get into the mix, saison style or something, i think that would give this beer a real kick in the crotch, but its tasty as it is in my opinion. feel is light and gassy, good in summer and also with a certain holiday appeal.

4.25/5  rDev +34.5%

3.75/5  rDev +18.7%

3.3/5  rDev +4.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A fruity brew, indeed, Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat pours to a golden color with an aroma that is decidedly cherry- like in nature, similar to a cherry soda. The foam level is okay at first, but doesn’t last very long.

Tasting this beer reveals its cherry nature even further. It is cherry all the way, but the good thing is that the beer doesn’t take the flavor to extreme levels of sweetness. There is a certain degree of tartness and the wheat base is evident, with some bread/dough notes and an overall flavor that reminds me of a bowl of wheat flakes with added fruit. It manages to pull off a certain dryness in the finish and the aftertaste of cherries remains with you for a while after the last sip.

Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat is a refreshing brew and it makes a good choice for a hot summer day. I know that some will be turned off by the fruitiness and while I generally do not go for fruit beers myself, I find the medium body and tartness sufficient to enjoy this beer and recommend it for your next encounter with hot weather.

3.25/5  rDev +2.8%

3.75/5  rDev +18.7%

3.99/5  rDev +26.3%

A heavy cherry scent over a bed of wheat base. Very nice smell.

Looks like a typical wheat ale--golden, maybe a bit straw-colored, and clear.

Tastes mellow and smooth--no bite so you can take a nice long pull; cherry flavor but not strong (I remember this from years ago being too sweet--I don't know if my tastes have changed or their beer). I like the taste of this--I'm finding it to be very refreshing.

Excellent mouthfeel as I've come to expect from Sam Adams. Very creamy and thick--excellent.

I'm really surprised by this beer. I haven't tried it in 10 years, and my memories of it were not kind. I am pleased to report it is actually pretty amazing!

3.25/5  rDev +2.8%

Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Beer rating: 3.16 out of 5 with 3,901 ratings