Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Read the review
Samuel Adams Cherry WheatSamuel Adams Cherry Wheat

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Massachusetts, United States
samueladams.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by BeerAdvocate on 01-25-2001

Ratings: 3,872 |  Reviews: 1,172

3.75/5  rDev +16.5%

3.16/5  rDev -1.9%

3.02/5  rDev -6.2%

If you take the artificial cherry taste from cherry coke and put it into a beer this is what you get.

3.55/5  rDev +10.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

A: Pours out a slightly hazy, deep golden color. No lacing.

S: Smells like cherry flavor, faint yeasty smells, but very faint. Kind of wish I could smell more beer, more complexity, but cherry is a bold aroma.

T: Taste reminds me of cherry soda, with a slight dry finish. I don't know, I can't get past all that cherry flavoring. I can't knock this beer for being what it is, but wish it was more, beery, if that makes any sense.

M: Mouthfeel is creamy and smooth.

O: I could imagine this beer would appeal more to non wheat beer drinkers, and possibly could be a good intro for craft beer neophytes to the brand.

3.25/5  rDev +0.9%

3.24/5  rDev +0.6%

2.9/5  rDev -9.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

4.25/5  rDev +32%

2.21/5  rDev -31.4%

I know a lot of people that really enjoy this beer, but I can say I'm definitely not one of them. It pours very yellow, with a thin head that disappears very quickly and leaves almost no lacing. I can smell a bit of wheat, but the aroma is dominated by a thick cherry scent, almost more like a soda than a beer. The taste follows suit, with the up front chery flavor dominating every sip. For people who love a lot of fruit flavor in their beers, this would be perfect. After one of these I did not want another.

1.75/5  rDev -45.7%

3.75/5  rDev +16.5%

2.8/5  rDev -13%

I want to preface this by saying that I like Sam Adams.

This Beer is horrible. I haver friends that love it. I can't stand it. Perhaps if I have a cough I will drink it again. It tastes like cough syrup. It is not subtle cherry. It is tart/sweet/cherry death.

This is a good beer for highschool girls (I am not saying that underage girls should drink)so that they can learn to enjoy better beer.

This is obviously a popular beer for Sam Adams but I am not feeling it. Sorry Jim.

Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)