Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams Cherry WheatSamuel Adams Cherry Wheat
Liked This Beer
3.16 w/ 3,883 Ratings
Samuel Adams Cherry WheatSamuel Adams Cherry Wheat

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Massachusetts, United States
samueladams.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by BeerAdvocate on 01-25-2001

Liked:
3.16/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 3,883 |  Reviews: 1,174

I give it a 5 because the Sam Adams taste that's in all Sam Adams beers is mild and had a good balance of cherry and wheat. It's exactly what you want for a cherry beer and for a beer in 5-6 abv spectrum I have yet to find a good tasting cherry beer other than this one. Perfect beer for a Thanksgiving dinner or pre-Thanksgiving evening.

4.94/5  rDev +56.3%

Pours a dark golden color, but looks thin when held up to a light. Head pours a little small, but portions of it linger through most of the beer.

Smell is distinctively cherry, but is not too powerful or too sweet. Taste has a small hint of wheat, but it is the cherry flavor that really comes through. Mouthfeel is perfectly balanced and finishes clean.

I have been looking forward to reviewing this one as Sam Adams Cherry Wheat has been one of my favorite beers for a long time. This is the perfect beer for a hot Texas summer day sitting by the pool and waiting for the steaks to go on the grill :). I only wish I could have given the appearance a better score so that this beer could receive a perfect 5.

4.94/5  rDev +56.3%

I'm not the most educated brewmaster or anything, but i'm very surprised at the C rating for this beer, it's probably my favorite. i drink a lot of beers, and generally agree with most reviews, for the most part, but this one is waaaay off.

Look: s like a beer
Smell: Strong cherry scent, obviously, and also some beery smells
Taste: exceptional is a fitting analysis.. this beer is great, i understand a lot of people have different tastes, but this is just really smooth with the perfect amount of cherry, not too sweet, and a nice change from the norm. great flavor, great balance, i see nothing wrong with this brew

uh.. i'm drawing a blank.. look, smell, taste... what else is there?.. oh right, mouthfeel: uh, feels bubbly and full of flavors.. in my mouth

4.9/5  rDev +55.1%

A-Its got a beautiful color of Golden reddish brown it's very attractive.

S-It's got a rich smell of Michigan Cherries.

T- It's got a nice sweet taste, but not too sweet.

M- It is not overpoweing at all and that is a good thing. It also does not leave an aftertaste.

D-It's got drinkability alright! it's one of my favorite brew.

Its another great brew from Samuel Adams. Samuel Adams is probably my favorite beer company. The beer is great in a bottle and it's even better on tap!

4.9/5  rDev +55.1%

4.89/5  rDev +54.7%

Presentation: Poured into a tulip glass from a brown bottle with best by date of June '09. I need to clarify that I bought several bottles on a clearance sale for only 50 cents each!

A: Cloudy amber with a slight pinkish hue. Decent white head and heavy lacing.

S: Strong cherry aromas that overpower almost anything else.

T&M: Light bodied, medium carbonated typical wheat. Strong cherry flavor, very smooth and light wheat taste. Excellent beer for quantity without overindulgence.

If you like cherries or cherry flavor you'll love this!!! Some of the reviews I have read seem a bit harsh and I sense that maybe these folks may not particularly care for cherry flavor? I have been a fan of this stuff since it came out many years ago and have had it on tap as well. Most of the time it is great but there is some inconsistency with batches so if you get a bad six pack or draught, definitely try another single or on tap. I can say that this particular bottle, even though it is over a month out of date, is still excellent. As a plus, I believe it is now bottle conditioned for longer shelf life.

4.89/5  rDev +54.7%

4.88/5  rDev +54.4%

4.87/5  rDev +54.1%

Cherry aroma hits your nose immediately, after pouring into a pint glass...nice frothy head...first taste: sweetness of cherry hits the palate first, then a nice crisp finish. I like this beer. Can't drink it all the time, but only because my taste buds get used to it, and get jaded...I really think this is my all time favorite beer. My anytime beer: summer - great thirst quencher. Fall: great to go with any Autumn dish. Winter: well, hell, whatever holiday we're in, gimme a Cherry Wheat - it's a celebration in my mouth! Spring: a celebration of the season! I love this one. And maybe that makes my review a little less relevant, but for the record: I don't have any ties to the Sam Adams brewery. But I know what I like.

4.87/5  rDev +54.1%

Fantastic. It looks great when you pour it out. When you give it a whiff you get a burst of wonderful cherry aroma. Then when you take your first sip you get that same burst of cherry flavor that you expected as soon as you smelled it. Then you get a wonderful light, crisp beer flavor that complements the cherry flavor fantastically. I could pound these all day long.

4.85/5  rDev +53.5%

This is a very good beer for something different now and then.
I get this in a growler when available and also in bottles. I prefer the growlers freshness.
Wheat aroma with cherry flavoring, I like the biteness in this beer.
Crisp and refreshing out of the fridge with a medium light body.
Good inch foam head but doesnt last long enough.
I get this on tap at a local eatery and they serve it up with a cherry in the glass tasty.

Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Beer rating: 22.5% out of 100 with 3,883 ratings