Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams Chocolate BockSamuel Adams Chocolate Bock
3.63/5
Good
Samuel Adams Chocolate BockSamuel Adams Chocolate Bock

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Massachusetts, United States

Ratings: 2,990 |  Reviews: 1,201

4.25/5  rDev +17.1%

2.75/5  rDev -24.2%

3.53/5  rDev -2.8%

I'm not a real fan of the chocolate's, but I have to say this one was nice. It was apart of a sampler I picked up and I drank from the bottle. From what I could see the very dark in color and test with hints of Chocolate. The aroma was sweet and the taste not as bitter as I thought it would be I really enjoyed this beer. It was paired with a chocolate chip cookie and it was a nice replacement to a glass of milk.

Photo of
4.5/5  rDev +24%

You had this beer. Write a review.

3.04/5  rDev -16.3%

Well I must say I tried a bottle of this Bock and liked it! This beer is pretty good, small head with a nice aroma. The cocoa is dominant but not overpowering. This beer was a surprise and a good offering from SA. I would buy this and serve it at a winter party where most people have no idea what a bourbon barrel stout is.

Bottom Line: if you want a fair priced beer to share with friends this is a good choice.

4.25/5  rDev +17.1%

3.02/5  rDev -16.8%

12oz bottle best by may

look is a very dark brown with a fizzy tan head. smell is slightly roasted malt and grain, with chocolate coffee grounds in the background. taste again starts off grainy, then comes sweet chocolatey malts. finish is the mix between the two, maybe some floral hops, an overwhelming plastic, almost cardboard, taste and rubbery mouthfeel.

very sweet and malty, with a foul, mineral-like aftertaste and some odd cardboard notes. the malt and grain is at first very pleasant, but ends up almost being a drainpour.

3.25/5  rDev -10.5%

3.75/5  rDev +3.3%

A-Pours a clear dark brown to pretty much black with a small light tan creamy head that has ok retention and lacing.
S-The aroma is mainly roasty and dark chocolate. It kind of reminds my of a cappuccino from the corner store, but in a good "beery" way I guess.
T-The flavor takes on a milk chocolate note as apposed to the dark chocolate in the aroma, along with some very noticable roastiness from the roasted barley.
M-It's creamy up front with a slightly dry finish. Medium body with a solid medium carbonation.
O-To me this is a good beer, but not impressive. I can taste the chocolate and that's good, but it's just a solid beer in my opinion. Very glad I tried it though to be sure.

3.5/5  rDev -3.6%

Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Beer rating: 3.63 out of 5 with 2,990 ratings