Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin AleSamuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale
Liked This Beer
3.47 w/ 2,640 ratings
Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin AleSamuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Massachusetts, United States

Liked:
3.47/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 2,640 |  Reviews: 648

Pleased to say that this is a nice drinkable pumpkin ale, in fact I like it a lot. You can definitely taste the pumpkin and it has pretty much the perfect amount of spice backing it up. This pumpkin beer is really the only one I've tried so far that actually reminds me of the Fall season, and I'd have to say it's my favorite as well. It's drinkable enough to be a good session beer, but it's not at any loss for flavor. It just gets everything right in terms of what a pumpkin ale should be. Let's all give thanks to the Steve Jobs of beer, Jim Koch.

Oh, and BTW, PLEASE SELL THIS BEER IN 6 AND 12 PACKS ON ITS OWN!!!

The beer pours in the glass with some nice head and it smells of pumpkin pie. The taste of it is like drinking pumpkin pie in a glass. This is my favorite pumpkin beer and it is such a great representative of the style. I look forward to this every fall.

Good pumpkin beer.

I like pumpkin beers, but I dislike that they are released in late-August and gone by October. For that reason, I lay in my pumpkins and await the arrival of October to break them out.

From the bottle: "Early New England colonists were nothing if not resourceful. Lacking traditional malts, they added pumpkin to their brews & the first pumpkin ales were born."; "This modern adaptation uses 4 different malts, and over 17 lbs. of real pumpkin per barrel, for a rich depth of flavor & unmistakable character. Cheers! [undersigned] Jim Koch".

My pour was too much for the glass and I got a little bit of overpour as the result. Allowing it to calm, I got two dense fingers of thick, tawny head with great retention. As it slowly fell, I was left with great lacing. Color was a deep mahogany (!) (SRM = > 27, < 34) with NE-plus quality clarity. They must have filtered the bejeezus out of the beer to get it this bright! I could see into my future and it was my 50th birthday party in Lincoln, NE with Val Midwest for her 21st. Nose smelled like what the Brewdogs boys tried to make in Philly - molasses, cinnamon, spruce tips, pumpkin. This was a revolutionary-era beer if I ever smelled one. The mouthfeel was big, creamy, and full. The taste was beautiful - some malt, some pumpkin, some spice, some caramel. It was like candy, but not in a bad way. Leave it to Brewer Bob and the boys to nail it. I think that I have hit upon a new favorite! Finish was semi-sweet, allowing me to savor the flavors without getting overwhelmed with sweetness, which is where a lot of pumpkin ales leave me high and dry. I now want to do a side-by-side with Pumking, which was my previous # 1.

Poured into a Sam Adams glass, which is wider at the top and narrower at the bottom.

Beautiful amber color with a good head that doesn't last long.

Aroma is more pumpkin pie spices than pumpkin.

Taste is pumpkin, pumpkin pie spices, roasted malt. Of the pumpkin pie spices, hints of cinnamon and brown sugar are definitely there. Everything is well balanced.

A bit dry, but refreshing and no sacrifice to quality.

What a wonderful surprise to see this offered this year.

Pours a deep orange color with nice head. Lots of lacing. The taste is fantastic and the best pumpkin beer I've had. Nice spices and I didn't have to look for the pumpkin in this brew.

I really really hope SA makes this in a 6 pack next year, but I do not want them to drop their Oktoberfest either. Oh how I love the fall beers.

4.96/5  rDev +42.9%

4.89/5  rDev +40.9%

Appearance - Dark amber pour, a good solid foam sitting on top after a proper pour. Excellent start.

Aroma - light pumpkin, slightly spice smell. I like it.

Taste - malts and pumpkin and pumpkin spices hit in tandem. Fine unison, these flavors. On the swallow there is a light astringency cutting through the sweet, the malt, and the spice. Aftertaste has a touch of abv and the finish reprises the flavors nicely. Impressive flavor for a beer under 7%. Most pumpkin beers only get this big when the abv ramps up some.

Mouthfeel - very smooth, a bit heavy, but perfect.

Drinkability - YES! I'm glad that this has earned its own six-pack release.

Overall - one of the best Pumpkin beers I had to date. SAM did a great job with this.

4.88/5  rDev +40.6%

4.85/5  rDev +39.8%

Really good Pumpkin Beer

4.85/5  rDev +39.8%

An excellent fall beer, and I only like the SA Octoberfest better

Beautiful, clear amber pour with a 2 finger head. One of the best beers to really appreciate the Sam Adams glass as you can really see the swirl of bubble created by the etching in the glass coming up in a "tube" throughout the whole beer

Light lacing and the carbonation was spot on

I could smell cloves and pumpkin spice, very nice with not one thing over powering something else.

Medium mouthfeel with with a balanced taste of pumpkin, clove and spice. Leaves a very nice after taste that will last a very long time.

Very good overall seasonal beer, just wish I didn't have to buy it in a 12 pack seasonal box.

Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Beer rating: 34.8% out of 100 with 2,640 ratings