Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin AleSamuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale
3.47/5
Okay
Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin AleSamuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Massachusetts, United States

3.6/5  rDev +3.7%

3.25/5  rDev -6.3%

4.25/5  rDev +22.5%

3.75/5  rDev +8.1%

I really liked this beer. The warmer it got, the more flavors I could really extract out of this beer. Tasted like a nice crisp ale on the front end, but finished with a great sweetness of pumpkin and cloves and cinnamon on the end. I couldn't really pick this up well from the smell, but it was such a great beer and I very much enjoyed it. I could definitely put a few of these down as I'm sitting around a fire and enjoying fall.

OK... Forget about the pumpkin in the name. Beer has sugar do you taste that? No. Pumpkin in itself does not have a strong flavor. Its part of the mash. It gives a smoother flavor like a porter except pumpkin was used. Now that we all have that straight.. It is a very well ( near perfect) beer for the season. More hops and less malt sweetness than the Sam's Oktoberfest version. Maybe I was playing Skyrim too much but I felt like I was there while sipping/drinking out of a tall glass in those old drink inn/ houses. I do enjoy other fest beers but this one really fits the bill or season or whatever you want to call it.

So when you pour that beer into that Viking glass and take a good swallow/taste make sure you hold it high and say" Here is to Randy for pointing me into the direction of my Nord ancestors". You can also thank Sam but he just made the beer that's all...enjoy!

Changing my rating to1 for smell and look alone. Bought two more 6 packs that tasted horrible like soap or straight hops.... Called them and complained. Stay away from batch P24640959625 in black letters on the bottle neck!!!!!!!

3.36/5  rDev -3.2%

3.25/5  rDev -6.3%

Ok- little to no pumkin flavor, but good tasting.

2.75/5  rDev -20.7%

Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Beer rating: 3.47 out of 5 with 2,646 ratings