Sun Ray Ale | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Awaiting More Ratings

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Massachusetts, United States
samueladams.com

Style: Witbier

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Jesstyr on 02-28-2010

3.9

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

4/5  rDev 0%

Brewed exclusively for Bella Luna/Milky Way I happened upon this brew meeting a friend in Jamaica Plain. I wish they offered this elsewhere!

Pours a cloudy yellow, with bright white head. Very similar to Blue Moon, but with better retention and pretty decent lacing. Smell is of light citrus and coriander, and obvious wheat tones. Taste is very well balanced for a witbier - very similar to Hoegaarden, but heavier. Light citrus, orange, a little spicy, but nice and smooth and with a more medium body. Doesn't have the dry, lingering aftertaste of some witbiers. Very easy going, the kind of beer I could have a few of.

Overall, I think this is one of my favorite Sam Adams offerings...

3.5/5  rDev 0%

Sun Ray Ale from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)