Samuel Adams Latitude 48 IPA | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams Latitude 48 IPASamuel Adams Latitude 48 IPA
Liked This Beer
3.56 w/ 3,787 ratings
Samuel Adams Latitude 48 IPASamuel Adams Latitude 48 IPA

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Massachusetts, United States

3.56/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 3,787 |  Reviews: 1,074
2.7/5  rDev -24.2%

Let me tell you - I live at or about latitude 48 and it is a special zone. Crop circles appear in our latitude because the aliens are warning us that, due to the arrangement of the Van Allen Belt, this area will be safe for the coming solar Killshot. Don't say you weren't warned.

That being said, Samuel Adams Latitude 48 does not do us justice. Overwhelming taste of cheap perfume, and the next day I felt like I had swallowed a golf ball. This isn't the first time I've been burned by a Sammie other than the original Boston lager. Whenever the brewery gets tricky, the results are sub-standard.

3.25/5  rDev -8.7%

4.5/5  rDev +26.4%

3.98/5  rDev +11.8%

A - Amber with a two finger tan head. Decent head retention and lacing that sticks to the glass.

S - Citrus, pine and a bit of sweet malt and caramel.

T - Citrus, caramel and malt are the dominant flavors. A bit of pine and some lingering malt come in at the finish. As the beer warms its flavor is amplified in a good way.

M - Smooth and refreshing. Medium bodied with a god amount of carbonation. The finish is dry and a bit of lingering hop bitterness linger in the after taste.

O - Latitude 48 is a well balanced starter IPA / session beer. This beer is well balanced and very approachable for non-hop heads. As a plus, this is a very affordable IPA and as such can fill the role of session beer without breaking the bank. I will drink this again.

4.1/5  rDev +15.2%

Bottle into a wide glass. It is a shame that Sam Adams retired this beer. First off we still sell it at the liquor store I work at. This is one of their best beers. As I am just getting into IPA's I used to hate them but I acquire a taste for them and this is one of the better one I have tryed.

Appearance: Deep reddish amber in color, pours well with a nice smooth head to it. Look's good right from the start.

Smell: Very hoppy smell to it but I like the smell. It has a very fresh smell. I would say above average for a typical IPA.

Taste: Rich and hoppy notes hit the palate. Boston Beer Company has outdone it self with this little gem. From the first sip to the last the taste is consistently good, not great but pretty good. Not a huge Sam Adam's fan but I am impress with this beer.

Mouthfeel: Slightly bitter and first but then a smooth rich after taste. To me most IPA are a little bitter.

Overall: For the price of $7.99 a 6pk compared to other IPA's it definitely is excellent. Also considering that I am not a fan of Sam Adams and this is one of their products I am impressed.

2.5/5  rDev -29.8%

3.65/5  rDev +2.5%

A: 5 fingers of foamy head. Beautiful lacing, deep red/amber color. It looks very pretty.

S: Amber hop aroma. Crisp and clean. Some floral notes in there.

T: Very hoppy, very bitter, but with a sweet, clean finish.

M: Just the right amount of carbonation. Nothing overbearing, but enough to give it body.

O: A really nice hoppy IPA. If you love hops, as I do, you will like this beer. Sam Adams wins again.

2.5/5  rDev -29.8%

Samuel Adams Latitude 48 IPA from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Beer rating: 42.5% out of 100 with 3,787 ratings