Verloren | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

VerlorenVerloren
Liked This Beer
3.44 w/ 416 ratings
VerlorenVerloren

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Massachusetts, United States

3.44/5
Alströms:

2.5/5  rDev -27.3%

3.69/5  rDev +7.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

22oz bottle poured into weizen glass.

A - Pours a dark cloudy golden amber with 2-3 fingers of off white head.

S - Smells of lemon, wheat, and a general slight sourness

T - The taste is mainly lemon and wheat, with no bitterness to speak of. The saltiness is slight and on the back end. Adding a bit of salt brings out some of the citrus flavors.

M - Thin-to-moderate body with moderate carbonation.

O - My first beer of this style, and I didn't really know what to expect. Overall I quite enjoyed it; the saltiness aspect was interesting. I think Sam Adams did a good job on this.

2.75/5  rDev -20.1%

3.38/5  rDev -1.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

General - Early morning beer out here on the west coast for football. Enjoyed it out of my New Belgium glass.

Appearance - A shade between amber and gold, the SRM is around a 15 but seems to almost glow. Very nice! Head is a light white and fluffy, it diminishes pretty quickly.

Aroma - There is a light maltiness to this beer, with a hint of sourness.

Taste - It reminds me of a lightly soured sour beer. Pretty interesting actually, there is a spice in this that I can't put my finger on, it's different, that's for sure.

Mouthfeel - It feels like it coats the mouth with a film, moderate carbonation.

Overall - Well it's unique I'll say that much. Not exactly my style but it's something that's different and unique. If you're a beer geek and want to try something different this is a good one to pick up because they are normally a good price (I got mine at Costco of all places) and it's something different. I don't think that I'll be getting another one of these but that's ok.

3.75/5  rDev +9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Served at the Sam Adams Brewery in Boston.

Moderate head which dies to rim bubbles. No lace. Cloudy with golden color.

Fruity with a touch of caramel.

Sweet flavor up front. Good fruit and mild spice. The body is medium with a slightly elevated carbonation. The aftertaste reminds me of plum. Short lived.

3.13/5  rDev -9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Pours dark gold with a nice head and good lacing.

Smell is of rotting citrus fruit at first and buttery bread later.

Taste is reminiscent of a buttered biscuit up front followed by honey with a salty aftertaste.

Mouthfeel is thick, almost creamy with low carbonation.

Certainly a taste different from anything I've tasted before. Not really a style I prefer but, it seems well crafted and I can appreciate how others would enjoy it.

3.51/5  rDev +2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Served in a weisen glass.

Appearance: Comes off a pale amber color, little darker than most amber colored beers. Head is straight white and thick coming off almost two finger's length.

Smell: Smell like honey and citrus. A little sour note makes you think of lemon.

Taste: something different that I do t think I experienced before but it feels like I'm drinking a meal. Like bread and salt, best way I can put it. Little malts here and there.

Mouth: Body feels heavy, slightly sticky but incredibly smooth.

Overall: not a bad brew at all, I don't think I would go crazy looking for it at my local beer spot but I got this in a Sam Adams variety pack and hit the spot watching a little Sunday football. Salud!

4.25/5  rDev +23.5%

2.85/5  rDev -17.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Poured from a 1pt, 6oz standard pressure-cap bottle into a stange. Reviewed live in high elevation Kalispell, Mont.

A- One-finger white head with clear, medium sized bubbles. Rapidly eroding. Light golden color with nice carbonation.

S- Very citrusy. Oranges and lemon with distinct saltiness. Coriander and other brewing spices that make it fragrant.

T- Slightly salty, but very citrusy. Heavy with orange and lemon. Interesting flavor.

M- Bubbly and medium-bodied.

O- Very OK. Has nice flavoring going on.

Verloren from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Beer rating: 30.5% out of 100 with 416 ratings