Norse Legend Sahti | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Norse Legend SahtiNorse Legend Sahti
Liked This Beer
3.52 w/ 493 ratings
Norse Legend SahtiNorse Legend Sahti

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Massachusetts, United States

3.2

2.5/5  rDev -29%

3.75/5  rDev +6.5%

3.89/5  rDev +10.5%

Served on tap into a sampler glass.

Appearance: Darker amber color with a white head.

Smell: Interesting smell, reminded me of a stout, actually to be more exact it remined me of a Irish Car Bomb smell.

Mouthfeel/Taste: Medium bodied and thicker. Taste was not anything I was used to at all. Sweet with carmels maybe, and fruits, I think it is the junipers.

Overall: Decent brew, glad I tried it, probably will not have it again.

2.75/5  rDev -21.9%

3.97/5  rDev +12.8%

Dark amber with some brownish orange mixed in. Fairly clear, though it's dark enough to be mostly opaque. The head is a contrast in white, but doesn't have much staying power. After swirling, it's got an attractive lace left behind.

It's got a refreshing smell of some lighter malts and just a bit of citrus and some some of red berry (I have no idea what color a juniper berry is, but it smells 'red').

Malty, but spicy and floral taste. I can't quite put my finger on the spices I'm tasting, but it's cinnamon-like and really works well with the other flavors.

Medium bodied. Starts off slightly sweet before the spices take over. It's never too spicy or too malty, it's very pleasant. There's some heat from the alcohol, but it's welcomed and happens relatively deep in the swallow.

I tend to think of Sam Adams' beers are generally overrated, but I really enjoyed this one. The beer has something, I'll just call it a 'pleasantness' to it. It's easy to drink and has moderate alcohol. A very good beer.

4.25/5  rDev +20.7%

2.69/5  rDev -23.6%
look: 4 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

S: Rich caramel, and odd "homebrew" smell, very caramel tasting, juniper is surprisingly restrained, not much "gin" like flavors.

L: Crystal clear amber-orange, off-white head that dissipates

T: Rich caramel in the taste with some light juniper botanicals. Medium low bitterness with a mild herbal bitterness in the back of the throat. Juniper is very restrained.

M: Medium bodied, medium low carbonation.

Good effort, but the flavors just don't work personally. Glad i got to try it though.

3.8/5  rDev +8%

A - Brownish red. Reminds me of a bourbon pour in color. A good amount of carbonation that was brownish as well.

S - sweet and malty, caramel, yam,
T - Caramel, earthy tones (Rich tea effect?)through out, Juniper berry flavor was through out but definitely not overpowering.

M - It was medium bodied, good carbonation for an ale. Easy to drink.

O- It was a solid beer. Not something I buy over and over, but not a bad beer. It was a good beer for a lazy Sunday afternoon at the house.

4.25/5  rDev +20.7%

4.03/5  rDev +14.5%

A - dark caramel amber with a big, thick, dense, brownish head that has great retention

S - big bready aromas, cake batter, some caramel, a bit sweet

T - bready, sweet caramel, some faint pepper, some earthiness, the juniper berries are there but faint and mostly in the finish

M - medium bodied, smooth, well carbonated

I'm not sure what I was expecting going into this beer, but I'm not disappointed. It's very malty and a bit earthy. The berries are there and play nice with the malt bill. I would definitely recommend this. I'll probably buy another bottle.

3.75/5  rDev +6.5%

3.25/5  rDev -7.7%

Norse Legend Sahti from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Beer rating: 38.7% out of 100 with 493 ratings