Samuel Adams Porch Rocker | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams Porch RockerSamuel Adams Porch Rocker
Liked This Beer
3.3 w/ 1,606 Ratings
Samuel Adams Porch RockerSamuel Adams Porch Rocker

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Massachusetts, United States

Ratings: 1,606 |  Reviews: 249
3.5/5  rDev +6.1%

3.3/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Bright shiny gold body, topped by a billowing pure white rocky foam head. Plenty of stretchy lace.

Pleasant lemon aroma.

Taste is soft light sweet malt body, mild noble hops, and a shot of lemonade.

Light soft mouthfeel.

Not bad on a hot summer afternoon.

2.25/5  rDev -31.8%

4.5/5  rDev +36.4%

2.75/5  rDev -16.7%

3.75/5  rDev +13.6%

3.35/5  rDev +1.5%

I just poured my first Sapooro down my drain, and opened this hoping it would take that horrid taste out of my mouth. It certainly did! This beer is WONDERFUL! . I can definitely taste lemons, which is something that's not found in many beers. After my taste buds got over the shock, I must say Its one of the best I've had. I poured it from a bottle into a British pint glass. It has a small white head that faded quickly but has left some lacing. The color is clear amber. This beer is perfect after a day in the sun. I highly recommend that you try Porch Rocker!

2.5/5  rDev -24.2%

3.32/5  rDev +0.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

A: poured into a pint glass to a clear pale gold topped by a finger of dense white head with some lacing and low retention.
S: smells of lemon lime soda and a little malt
T: taste is a lot of lemon with a little malt flavor and the swallow is more tart lemon with a little maltyness on the finish.
M: this beer is pretty light on the mouth with plenty of slightly prickly carbonation and a refreshing finish
O: Not bad, the lemon almost seems forced and instead of being more nuanced and playing a supporting role it is more the star of the show. It isn't terrible but it could be better.

3.64/5  rDev +10.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Paying little attention to this beer when we got it new at the liquor store I work at, I thought Samuel Adam's Porch Rocker may have been a winter offering our store was simply late to get (we got it in March or so). Little did I know, the beer is a radler, but only subtly markets its simultaneously tart and citrus flavors. Turns out, this is a fantastic radler, surprisingly crisp, effective in its more sour presentation, and pleasing to drink in either sips or slugs. Not the kind of beer I want to session, but two or three of these on a summer evening isn't bad, especially considering the taste nor the level of sourness was compromised in the brewing of this offering.

Samuel Adams is three for three in my book (Boston Lager, Cherry Wheat, and now Porch Rocker, respectively).

3.75/5  rDev +13.6%

2.75/5  rDev -16.7%

2.5/5  rDev -24.2%

Samuel Adams Porch Rocker from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Beer rating: 23.8% out of 100 with 1,606 ratings