Samuel Adams Blueberry Hill Lager | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams Blueberry Hill LagerSamuel Adams Blueberry Hill Lager

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Massachusetts, United States
samueladams.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by Mora2000 on 08-18-2012

3.25/5  rDev -3.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

I was going to just pick up this single just to try but I got a six-pack because some friends were coming over. I don't think I'm a fan of fruit beers but here goes...

Poured from a 12 oz. brown bottle with the date code marked on the label (notched Sept) into a pint glass and I get 1/2 fingers of head.

A: Pours a straw color with 1/2 fingers of head that dissipates quickly to leave a covering on the top of my glass. Fairly good lacing for a lager.

S: I smell blueberries mostly. As the beer warms up there is smell the of dried grass and corn. It is not really unpleasant but the corn is a smell I have to question.

T: Taste follows smell. I taste blueberry big time and dry grass. It finishes bitter until the very end which is blueberries once again. It is not juicy like I would have maybe guessed it to be but more dry and refreshing.

M: Medium bodied and carbonated. Goes down good enough but this is not a beer that I could drink after a long hot AZ day in the sun.

O: This beer is ok. I have to say that the women who don't really like the smell of beer in general seem to enjoy the smell of this beer. For that I have to give it a little higher rating. Overall, it is not a beer that I would gravitate toward but it is drinkable.

2.5/5  rDev -26%

3.75/5  rDev +10.9%

2.5/5  rDev -26%

2.55/5  rDev -24.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Bottle: Poured a light yellow color lager with a medium size foamy head with OK retention and some lacing. Aroma consists of fake blueberry syrup with overly sweet malt base. Taste is also dominated by this fake blueberry syrup with overly sweet aftertaste. Body is light with good carbonation. This one is a bit disappointing coming from Sam Adams.

2.75/5  rDev -18.6%

Samuel Adams Blueberry Hill Lager from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)