Samuel Adams White Christmas | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Read the review
Samuel Adams White ChristmasSamuel Adams White Christmas

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Massachusetts, United States
samueladams.com

Style: Witbier

As crisp as the first snowfall of the year, this unfiltered white ale is blended with holiday spices including cinnamon, nutmeg, & orange peel. The familiar citrus and wheat characters of the ale are complemented by the warmth of the spices for a festive brew that's perfect for the season.

Added by TMoney2591 on 10-22-2012

Ratings: 1,716 |  Reviews: 317
4.75/5  rDev +36.9%

4.75/5  rDev +36.9%

4.71/5  rDev +35.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.75

This beer is very tasty! It has a nice amber hue and a great Christmas smell. It taste awesome, of nutmeg and orange, but the feel on the tongue is a little bit weak. I give this rather distinct beer a great overall score! Go Sam Adams!!

4.69/5  rDev +35.2%

4.68/5  rDev +34.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.68/5  rDev +34.9%

4.66/5  rDev +34.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.75

The beer pours a nice light gold with a crisp white head that has real staying power. The aroma is pretty much aniseed, but at a very pleasant level and character. Since that's what I expected (and what I liked about it) it works for this beer. They really did a great job with the taste on this one. It has a nice light malty character with good fruitiness, and then the Aniseed at just the right level to be all over it, but still allow the other tastes there rightful place. A home run Wit in my opinion. The feel is light and a bit oily. This was one of the best efforts for a Wit I've had in a while. Great job with the spicing.

4.63/5  rDev +33.4%

For some reason my first try with this was terrible but after that it became so much better. Has all the components of a beer I like. It was sweet with some hopiness and a tad bitter. But I was expecting a more stronger "holiday" taste. Pleasantly surprised.

4.62/5  rDev +33.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

So this was a definite yes for me. Upon opening the bottle you get hit with the scent of the spices. The beer tastes just as described and if I could compare it to something it would be a spic cake with hits of beer. I really enjoined this beer however those who don't like heavily spiced beers I would not recommend this.

4.62/5  rDev +33.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.61/5  rDev +32.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

This is my favorite Sam's, hands down, and I can't wait for it to be released every Christmas. I love the spices in it, and I could probably never get sick of it.

4.61/5  rDev +32.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Solid winter ale from Sam Adams. Hints of cinnamon and nutmeg but they are not overpowering and a bit of citrus. Tastes like a Belgium winter ale. Sam Adams did a good job with this seasonal and I look forward to drinking this again.

4.6/5  rDev +32.6%

4.57/5  rDev +31.7%

Easy to drink spiced wheat beer.

4.5/5  rDev +29.7%

Samuel Adams White Christmas from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)