Samuel Adams Latitude 48 Deconstructed IPA - Mosaic (2013) | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

good
Samuel Adams Latitude 48 Deconstructed IPA - Mosaic (2013)Samuel Adams Latitude 48 Deconstructed IPA - Mosaic (2013)

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Massachusetts, United States
samueladams.com

Style: American IPA

Added by Damian74 on 02-02-2013

2.75/5  rDev -26.5%

3.97/5  rDev +6.1%

Since I have already rated and reviewed Latitude 48, I am going to keep my review on this “deconstructed” version focused upon the hop character.

The brewer describes Mosaic hops as having a "subtle fruit notes of pineapple and Mandarin orange along with hints of eucalyptus."

I’m getting the pineapple in the nose. Citrusy notes are also present in the flavor profile especially on the finish. There is also a dry character to the finish. Eucalyptus (what?) is nowhere to be found.

2.75/5  rDev -26.5%

3.68/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Even though I am not the biggest fan of Pale Ales (more often than not I am a lager kind of guy), this IPA did not offend my palate in fact quite the contrary: while most IPAs tend to be way too citrus-y (in some cases, to the extent that they're sour tasting) for my liking, this is quite refreshing. An excellent balance of caramel sweetness against just a light citrus influence. A nice "drink slow" kind of beer to enjoy while talking with the guys, watching a ball game, or reading. I wish I lived somewhere where there was a tavern that I could order this straight from the tap.

Samuel Adams Latitude 48 Deconstructed IPA - Mosaic (2013) from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)