Samuel Adams Little White Rye | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

Samuel Adams Little White RyeSamuel Adams Little White Rye

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Massachusetts, United States

4.25/5  rDev +28%

2.75/5  rDev -17.2%

3.79/5  rDev +14.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

I've had a bottle of this sitting in the back of my fridge for a long time nos, so I figured tonight was as good of a time as many to finally pop the cap and drink this. Poured into my Sam Adams pint glass out of a 12 oz bottle. This beer pours a slightly cloudy, hazy medium golden color with a bit of an orange club. has a nice white head that is about 1/2 to 2/3 of an inch thick when first poured. Settles to a nice thick ring lining the inside of the glass along with a nice film surface coating of foam on the surface of the beer and pretty decent lacing. Aromas of some spices, citrus, and a hint of hops. Has a mildly malty sweet taste upfront that gives way to some spices such as coriander, sage, and rye and is rounded out with a mild hop presence. I like the fact that this beer is more on the subtle end with all its flavors, especially the spices, and no one flavor tends to dominate. the balance of flavors makes this more enjoyable than i have a feeling it would likely be otherwise. Has a slightly crisp, mainly smooth and frothy, medium to fill bodied mouthfeel with moderate carbonation. A good beer all around. Not Sam Adam's best offering by any means but I found this to be enjoyable enough that I could see myself drinking a pint or so of this on occasion. The flavor profile is unique even though it is not really bombastic.

Eric

3.25/5  rDev -2.1%

Tried this one after the Revolutionary Rye and guess what? Just as bad as that one. I guess this was a second attempt at this beer with a new name, but it sure didn't improve.

Would Drink Again: No
Would Purchase Again: No

4.25/5  rDev +28%

4.5/5  rDev +35.5%

3.17/5  rDev -4.5%

Reaching into the back of the fridge for a bottle sent me as an extra by browniewithnuts during a rather epic trade, & I feel the rye demon whispering in my ear. I let it win. A lot. 12 oz. bottle.

The pour is clear, filtered, light orange, carbonation is fairly low. Smells like a winter warmer: spices from your grandma's rack, orange, & a lovely but appealing note that I'm imagining is the sage. I should watch more Food Network. Nah. My wife watches enough for both of us. And most of the rest of the block.

Little Spicey Rye, er, Little White Rye is a beer without a base. The addition of the spices, rye, orange, all team & made me go back thinking "what style is this? Wit? Huh." Spices fade to a gentle sweetness. Big & thick for a modest, low ABV wit, that's for sure. Couldn't drink much of this, but what's in my cup is going down.

Interesting? A beer that's overwhelmed by the spices. Not bad, but nothing I'd go out of my way for again. Decent enough.

3.5/5  rDev +5.4%

2.5/5  rDev -24.7%

3.5/5  rDev +5.4%

Samuel Adams Little White Rye from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)