Haagen Dauv | Alvarado Street Brewery

User Reviews & Ratings
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 7
Reviews by TheBrewsky:
4.4/5  rDev +2.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

No canning date on the can, but it a recent release and I am concerned over freshness.
L: Golden light brown with a hazy appearance. A solid, dense and creamy white cap amounting to about half a finger sets on top the beer and retains throughout the whole experience. Heaps of residual lacing on the glass, assuring me nitro is doing its thing.
S: Awesome. Coffee forward with hints of milk and chocolate. It honestly smells like a melted ice cream bar with coffee. I can't complain here.
T: Delicious. White chocolate flavor strikes you initially with its tell-tale sweetness, then the cacao is mid way through with a half sweet/half bitter flavor, and the coffee bitterness and roasty-ness is at the finish. White chocolate and coffee stand out the most.
F: Incredible. Soft, creamy, smooth, and luscious. I know this is nitro doing what it does best, but I gotta say, ASB implemented it well. I am not the biggest fan of nitro beers, but this work. No booze presence, just smooth and creamy goodness.
O: I had this once before and loved it. I am drinking it for a second time and I am loving it as well, as if it were the first time trying it. I have one can left, and I am glad that I do. As far as blonde stouts go, this is the new meta. I am very glad to try, and I would drink again and recommend. Cheers!

4.39/5  rDev +1.9%

L: Golden amber but has a solid white head on top that doesn't fade.
S: A good rush of soft and heavy chocolates.
T: Very creamy notes that transition into chocolate. Nothing heavy as one would expect from a stout.
F: Very light and creamy like ice cream.
O: Decent ice cream beer that fits the name. Wish they had a strawberry or vanilla version.

4.17/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.13/5  rDev -4.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.31/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.25

4.39/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

Sweet coffee cocoa aromatics! A very tasty golden milk stout! Taste follows the nose well with wonderfully soft mouthfeel! Notes of cocoa, subtle sweet coffee and white chocolate on the finish.

4.35/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Haagen Dauv from Alvarado Street Brewery