Head In The Sky | Alvarado Street Brewery

User Reviews & Ratings
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2
Reviews by TheBrewsky:
4.09/5  rDev 0%

No canning date on this can, but I know it's fresh. I wasn't planning on trying this, but here I am. Anyways, it is a sour DIPA brewed with lactose, lychee, coconut & dragonfruit. Let's see how she fairs.
L: Okay, hold the phone. Dat color. It is pink and downright gorgeous. It's bright pink, slightly lighter than grapefruit red. It is hazy, zero clarity. A finger of head formed on a standard pour with minimal lacing left on the glass.
S: Fruity, bright, and tart/sour on the nose with hints of guava and bubble gum. I can't pick out any of the stated ingredients per say, but it does smell fruity and sour.
T: I can't say I've had lychee or dragonfruit on their own, but I suppose that is the fruit flavor I am tasting? Kind of reminds me of a diluted capri sun with a sour taste. I know that may not sound that great, but it actually is nice. Guava, tangerine, grapefruit, and pomegranate also detectible. Very minimal coconut flavor, being mostly noticed in the aftertaste. The fruit flavor is mildy sweet and finishes sour. No hop bite, and the lactose is very minimal.
F: Medium in terms of body and weight with moderate carbonation. Nice feel and smooth to drink, no booze presence.
O: Color aside, I am actually enjoying it. I think the fruit variety enables a unique flavor experience. I wish the coconut was more pronounced, but for the majority I like it. The milk sugar isn't overbearing and it drinks smooth for an 8% sour DIPA. I am very glad to try. Cheers!

3.96/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Head In The Sky from Alvarado Street Brewery