My Name Is JC

Sep 17, 2021
SCORE
n/a
My Name Is JCMy Name Is JC
Notes: West Coast IPA and three way collaboration with Trillium Brewing and Yakima Chief featuring 100% HBC 586 hops.
Recent ratings and reviews.
Ratings by RyanK252:
3.85/5  rDev 0%
by RyanK252 from California

Can poured into an Alvarado Street Brewery Willi Beecher glass

A: Pours golden yellow amber with a frothy off white head that settles to a light layer and leaves some light lacing.

S: Unique mix of orchard, exotic, tropical, and citrus fruits, really reminds me of fruit salad, subtle underlying earthy herbal notes, biscuity malt, and a touch of caramel sweetness.

T: Yup, fruit salad, orange, lychee, mango, papaya, lemon, light melon, and a hint of pear, a touch of pine, earthy slightly herbal undertones, crackery biscuity malt, and a little sweetness.

M: Light to medium body, moderate carbonation.

O: Took me a second to wrap my head around some of the flavors in there. I'm not sure there's enough IBUs to really call it a West Coast IPA, though it is relatively dry. I'm not in love with this one, but it was still fun to try and see what's up with a new hop.
Update: After trying "My Name Is Also JC", the NEIPA version, I definitely prefer it to this one. HBC586 suits that style much better. It just didn't bring the punch I wanted for a West Coast style IPA.

Nov 11, 2021
More User Ratings:
4.2/5  rDev +9.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25
by bitterandstout from Oregon

Look: golden, semi cloudy. A small,tight head. clumpy lacing
Smell: piny hops, mango & grapefruit.
Taste: super smooth, delicate notes of mango, a savoury hint of hops & a citrus component. lingers a long while.
Feel: medium mouthfeel, though it does coat the palate quite nicely
Overall; A very tasty IPA, though I wished it had more carbonation.
Canned 8/31/2021, consumed 9/30/2021

Oct 01, 2021

3.79 by InfernoBoss from California on Sep 29, 2021

3.88 by BarrelAgedG from California on Sep 24, 2021

3.01 by acurtis from New Jersey on Sep 18, 2021
4.35/5  rDev +13%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25
by lucius10 from California

Sweet, tropical hoppy, and hint of piney citrus nose on this one! Taste follows with a well-balanced and clean, juicy tropical hoppy, and hint of piney orange citrus bitter finish...the piney bitterness lingers a bit, but not enough to overshadow the hops here. This is really tasty and way better than the Trillium version IMO.

Sep 17, 2021