My Name Is Also JC

Sep 20, 2021
SCORE
n/a
My Name Is Also JCMy Name Is Also JC
Notes: Collaboration with Trillium & Yakima Chief featuring HBC 586 hops, but with a New England-style expressive fermentation and silky smooth base.
Recent ratings and reviews.
Ratings by RyanK252:
4.02/5  rDev -3.4%
by RyanK252 from California

Can poured into an Alvarado Street Brewery Willi Beecher glass

A: Pours hazy golden amber with a frothy off white head that settles to a firm layer and laces nicely.

S: Fruit salad, mix of orchard, tropical, and citrus fruit, a touch of pine, subtle earthy undertones, biscuity malt, and just a little caramel sweetness.

T: Soft citrus, lemon and orange, fruit salad, mango, lychee, papaya, light melon, and a hint of pear, faint earthy herbal undertones, a hint of pine, biscuity malt, and a little caramel sweetness.

M: A bit on the lighter side of medium body, moderate carbonation.

O: Had this one right after trying "My Name Is JC", the West Coast style version, and I definitely prefer this one. I'm not blown away by HBC 586 on its own, but it definitely fits the NEIPA profile much better. The beer itself is a solid NEIPA that brings some unique flavors that help it stand out from the pack. It might not be my choice for my next pint, but if it showed up in front of me I wouldn't complain.

Nov 11, 2021
More User Ratings:

4.12 by BarrelAgedG from California on Sep 24, 2021
4.35/5  rDev +4.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5
by lucius10 from California

Sweet tropical hoppy, hint of citrus, and hint of hoppy dank nose on this one! Taste follows with a juicy-sweet, fruity tropical hoppy, and dank bitter finish. Great use of the hops on this one...balanced and tasty. Good stuff!

Sep 20, 2021