Carlton Draught | Carlton & United Breweries, Ltd.

Carlton DraughtCarlton Draught
2.2/5
Poor
Carlton DraughtCarlton Draught

Carlton & United Breweries, Ltd.
Australia
fosters.com.au

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by brewdlyhooked13 on 06-04-2002

1.75/5  rDev -20.5%

2.52/5  rDev +14.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

1.25/5  rDev -43.2%

1.5/5  rDev -31.8%

2.84/5  rDev +29.1%

this is not a good beer, but it is uncontestably the best of the cheap aussie macros. without a shadow of a doubt, this is the least offensive, most flavorful, most refreshing beer in that genre. it is darker than yellow, more brass than anything, and makes a reasonable head when poured into a chilled glass. smells and tastes malt forward, not sweet or metallic or adjuncty, but like actual fresh barley. its pretty solid really, finishing clean and satisfying any thirst. very well carbonated and not so light as some of the others. I spent many a dollar on cases of this stuff when I lived there, and still enjoy one of these from time to time when I see it around, which is becoming more common. it takes me to a time and place that I really loved, and sometimes you just love a beer for its teleporting powers, not its fundamentals. on those grounds, I love carlton draught.

1.75/5  rDev -20.5%

In my personal oponion this is the best beer on the planet. I love this beer its simply impeccable. I have had many different beer from many breweries from all over the world and I like many different beers. But most beers get old to me after drinking them regularly for a while. Not this one I can drink it early and often and it never gets I old or is a bad time to have a Carlton Draught I just simply love this beer.

1.5/5  rDev -31.8%

No, no, no, no, no! Carlton draugh is the worst beer on planet. Dark yellow coulor, wih rotten eggs smell. Taste like aluminum even on tap and glass bottle. Hangover after drinking just a pint, worst hangover of my life. I definetly will not buy anymore in my life. again

2.02/5  rDev -8.2%

Appearance: Poured a pale amber with a very weak head that disappeared almost immediately. Lacing down the glass was almost non-existent.

Aroma: Not a lot going on here. Smells like very faint 'beer', and no more specific than that.

Taste: Some pale malt and a bit of bitterness. A bit of grains in the background, but nothing that stand out.

Mouthfeel: Medium carbonation, low body, again... nothing that stands out.

Drinkability: Sure, you can drink it, but with many other options out there that are infinitely better, why bother?

3.25/5  rDev +47.7%

2.25/5  rDev +2.3%

Carlton Draught from Carlton & United Breweries, Ltd.