Tongva Brown Ale | Steelhead Brewing Co.

4.47/5
Outstanding
1 Rating

Steelhead Brewing Co.

Style: American Brown Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by charlzm on 04-24-2008

Reviews by charlzm:
4.47/5  rDev 0%

Consumed 04/21/08.

Very dark caramel brown, almost opaque. A thin white skin of foam sits atop the beer.

Rich, appetizing aroma of toasted/roasted malt.

From my notes: "Oh my God, that's so good!" Rich, toasted flavor as in nose with delicious chocolate overtones. Some vague nuttiness an added bonus. Mild bitterness from the middle to the finish. A little effervescent.

Also from my notes: "This is the best brown ale I have ever had at a brewpub."

Just awesome enough that I bet it was a fluke and will never be this good ever again, if ever brewed again.

Tongva Brown Ale from Steelhead Brewing Co.