Imperial Stout Trooper | New England Brewing Co.

Imperial Stout TrooperImperial Stout Trooper

Liked:
4.21/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 1,283 |  Reviews: 499

Here is the review of a 2012 one pint Imperial Stout Trooper, thanks to My Beer Cellar.

Look: Upon first pouring it, the beer gives a hint of brown and after it filling the glass the drink gives a deep hue of black.

Smell: As soon as I opened the glass I got a huge kick of chocolate. After the first whiff the remaining smell was some chocolate and mainly a lot of roasted coffee.

Taste: The first taste gives more coffee and less chocolate detected opposed to the smell. As the drink has warmed up to a point nearer room's temperature I have been tasting more chocolate, but still mostly coffee.

Feeling: A smooth drink that goes down the hatch without a kick to it regarding the alcohol content. The drink remains a thicker stout that is best after a moment in your mouth to fully enjoy the flavor.

Overall: Nothing needed to say other then I am so happy that I was able to find a seller of this 2012 vintage drink in late 2016! Over the course of your beer drinking career I would strongly recommend that you should purchase one of these at some point.

Okay being born in New Haven and an area resident I couldn't wait to try this when it came out. I immediately dismissed anything coming from this brewery as CT is not known as a state that produces great beer. I couldn't help but notice all the hype surrounding this beer and very grateful to have this gem in my backyard. I will make a long story short.... Did it live up to the hype??? Was it really as good as everyone said it would be??? The answer is a resounding "YES!!"... I think it is absolutely fantastic!

Appearance - Poured into a tulip glass and got to see the color is jet black... almost purple..

Smell - Wow the smell is great. Not an overwhelming alcohol smell at all. Very nice!

Taste - Okay this is one of the greatest stouts I've had. Cannot believe this year it is 9.3% abv because the alcohol is very well hidden! can't taste it at all. Great
Taste!

Mouthfeel - I can only reiterate how great this tasted. Not overwhelming. I love founders breakfast stout and I was amazed that I think this beats it. It is not a problem to swish this around in your mouth it is delicious.

Drinkability - This stuff is dangerous. I could drink this on a hot summer day and the high abv make it something you don't want to drink too much of.

Very well done New England! I can't believe a beer this good is brewed so close to me! You deserve serious kudos for creating this fabulous stout!

Beer is subjective and I don't boast that I know more than anyone else, but for my opinion, this is the best beer I've ever had. It's black as ink with a coffee head that will last long after the sun burns out. The smell is laced with coffee and dark chocolate notes. The taste is amazing with coffee and sweetness from the malt coming in at different times during the taste. It's complex, yet without being overbearing. The mouthfeel is pure velvet and coats your throat down to your stomach. This is the beer that I compare all other stouts to.

Imperial Stout Trooper from New England Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 92.7% out of 100 with 1,283 ratings