Coriolis | New England Brewing Co.

CoriolisCoriolis

New England Brewing Co.
Connecticut, United States
newenglandbrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Coriolis Double IPA hopped entirely ( and we’re talking a lot here) with Nelson Sauvin hops from New Zealand.

Added by Pahn on 08-25-2012

4.5

firstprev| 26-50 | 51-75 | 76-100  | next → last
Reviews: 78 | Ratings: 610
4.64/5  rDev +3.1%

Pour from a 64 oz growler into their new 668 tulip glass. Purchased on 8/28/2012.

A - Dark yellow, light orange body. Has a light haze to it but its not as murky as Gandhi Bot. Small one finger bone white head settles down to a dirty cap. Excellent lacing and retention.

S - Well I guess this is what Nelson Sauvin is like. Interesting mix of pungent and dank pine with some honeydew, apricot, lime, and guava. Finishes with a light savory note with just a touch of crackery malts. I could smell this all day! Super unique, I think I prefer this aroma to that of fresh Citra.

T - Less complex than the nose but well balanced. Starts off tropical with sweet honey, melons and some lime juice. Super bitter with an earthy and musky funkiness. Finish is dry and crackery. Mouth feel is not too slick or coating with a nice level of carbonation.

O - NEBCO and their hops. They do some great work together. I think I prefer this to Gandhi Bot, but I feel like its something I'd have to be in the mood for. The honeydew-lime flavors playing off of the musky and dank earthiness is just so damn unique and tasty. Top notch beer!

4.38/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Eagerly anticipating this for the last few weeks. Poured into a 668 tulip glass. Nice head that quickly dissipates. The taste has a lot of range I get apricot, pineapple, peach and a bit of spicieness. The alcohol is very well hidden.

I am a Galaxy Hops guy but I really like this. Well done!

4.84/5  rDev +7.6%

A-Pours like pineapple juice or orange juice. Completely opaque. Like a melted creamsicle. Head is light bubble-clusters that do leave some consistent lacing tattoos on the glass. This just looks absolutely awesome and unfiltered. Just how I like it. Beautiful.

S-Nose is world class. Uber-tropical. I get all the best exotic fruits. Pineapples, apricots, grapefruit (both ruby red and white), clementines, oranges and even some eucalyptus. Pine and late-Summer sunned grass. Light malt is sweet cracker. Phenomenal.

T-Thank you NEBCO. The Nelson Sauvin hops are exquisitely displayed. Apricots and pineapples are so stressed and delicious. Divinely juicy. Just incredibly ripe. Orange, clementine and grapefruit coat the palate in a resinous jacket of excellence. This beer finishes very bitter. All the tropics morph into a coercive chop of resinous pine and grass. The Nelson Sauvin hops are longwinded! Animal cracker malt crouches behind the world-class hop parade.

M-On cask, this beer is the perfect temperature and perfect feel. The softest carbonation. Resinous and slimy in the best way. Goes down just too easy. This is a perfect cask beer. Every sip is orgasmic.

O/D-God, NEBCO is one of the best in the world. This equals Fuzzy Baby Ducks in every way. The hoppiness is something to marvel over. One of the best beers I have ever had. Easily stacks up to the best on the East Coast (Hill Farmstead, Alchemist etc.). One of their crowning achievements.
——-
8/27/12

Had via growler. While the beer is still world class, I found it to lack some of those super-tropical flavors I detected on cask. That being said, I can still taste the bitterness on my tongue. Still amazing. Had such a hard time grading this. Regardless, this is a top-10 beer for me at this point in my beer odyssey. Oh yeah, and this beer gets better as it warms!

firstprev| 26-50 | 51-75 | 76-100  | next → last
Coriolis from New England Brewing Co.