Faded Glory Pale Mild | Baird Brewing Company / Fishmarket Taproom

Added by Naerhu on 08-15-2007

16%

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 3
3.65/5  rDev +12.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 4.5

A cask mild is a rare thing, and the last beer I expected to come across in Japan, but this is a surprising country so here's a review of my pint from the Nakameguro Taproom.

Ruddy orange body with a bubbly white head is par for the course as far as cask ale goes. Head retention is spotty, but a film is maintained and a few spots of lace cling to the side of the glass. A rounded malt aroma greets the nose, along with evident saaz hopping (the brewery uses this variety in dry hopping this beer, which is a curious choice for the style). The flavour is lightly fruit, with berry notes, transcending through biscuit to a herbal finish. The body is a touch on the light side for a real ale, and doesn't have the texture I usually look for.There's also a strange touch of soapiness.

Overall, this is a beer that I'm glad I tried. I think it worked well, even though it has some flaws. Without a doubt its about as refreshing as a beer can get, and it goes some way to proving that beer can have flavour even at a lower ABV. That said, I think it could have worked out a bit better, and while the low alcohol content screams session, I think I'd look elsewhere first.

2.61/5  rDev -19.7%

A - Amber-orange body with small white head.
S - Pronounced maltyness with ganja notes.
T - Maltyness a little washed out, light ganja like bitterness. I cant see the focus of this beer.
M - Light bodied a little soapy.
D - I take a pass on this beer. Perhaps with its low alcohol, it just did not survive the trip from brewery to my beer glass. . .

Faded Glory Pale Mild from Baird Brewing Company / Fishmarket Taproom