Tuppers' Hop Pocket Pils (Keller Pils) | Tuppers' Hop Pocket Brewing Company

Tuppers' Hop Pocket Pils (Keller Pils)Tuppers' Hop Pocket Pils (Keller Pils)

Tuppers' Hop Pocket Brewing Company
Maryland, United States
tuppersbeers.com

Style: Kellerbier / Zwickelbier

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 08-12-2001

3.25/5  rDev -18.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

4.64/5  rDev +16.3%

4.5/5  rDev +12.8%

4.25/5  rDev +6.5%

3.26/5  rDev -18.3%

Nice fresh hops coming through on the aroma, it's not pure grain like I get out of most pilsners. Grassy, and somewhat floral as well.

Poured out with a lot of junk, I didn't know this was bottle carbonated. The beer is hazy and dark straw in color. The head was an off-white fluffy thing which had tremendous staying power. Lacing was really nice too, however, there were bits of floating junk in the beer too. It looked unappetizing overall.

Super carbonated was the first thing I noticed. It has a light fruit character, like berries without the sweetness, grain, cereal, and it has this earthy kind of twist to it. Not too bad, at least it's interesting.

4.5/5  rDev +12.8%

4.75/5  rDev +19%

1.12/5  rDev -71.9%

I used to love this Pils, but it now tastes like a homebrew that's gone off. It was very foamy with large bubbles and I poured it down the sink. I hope this was a bad bottle but at $9 for four I took it back. I will try it in the future and hope for better luck.

4.25/5  rDev +6.5%

3.28/5  rDev -17.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

I really wish I could like this brew better than I do, especially based on the Bros' write-up. This is now brewed by St. George Brewing in Hampton VA so that may account for the difference in reviews. We picked these up at the brewery.

The appearance is fine and the scent is very low-key, improving slightly as it warms. The initial taste is somewhat harsh but mellows a bit as it warms (which I find strange for a pilsner). Both the wife and I get an odd aftertaste as well. I am a fan of keller beers but I'm not picking up much of the style characteristics here.

We will crack open another bottle and edit the review if needed.

Tuppers' Hop Pocket Pils (Keller Pils) from Tuppers' Hop Pocket Brewing Company