Indigo Blue IPA | Big Time Brewery & Alehouse

Added by youradhere on 02-29-2012

4.4

Reviews by youradhere:
4.4/5  rDev 0%

"Brewed once in a blue moon, special for the leap year day."

A special blend of several IPAs, and a special process to add the deep indigo blue coloration.

Pours a muddled indigo blue, thin whispy cap of white- near palest of aqua almost. Seems odd that the head not reflect the depth of color on this. Smell is orange zest, pear, slight pine, and I don't know if it is the color playing tricks with me, but I swear I smell candy like artificial black raspberry. Taste is an extremely mellow citrus, orange zest, pear, honey. Mouthfeel is light and bordering on thin, yet still smooth and full enough to carry the flavors. Overall an interesting one off, I kind of like how the blue coloring is messing with me psychologically in that I keep wanting to taste candy blue raspberry. Definitely one to try once in a blue moon!

Indigo Blue IPA from Big Time Brewery & Alehouse