I Let My Tape Rock

Gots
SCORE
World-Class
I Let My Tape RockI Let My Tape Rock
Notes: Maple rye barrel aged Big Poppa with Mostra JBM Coffee, coconut and vanilla beans
Reviews: 5 | Ratings: 72 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Dicers from Colorado

4.61/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

2020 Bottle thanks to Eziel

L: Pours jet black with minimal tan head

S: Coconut... lots of coconut, a bit of maple and vanilla

T: Coconut and more coconut, don't get a lot of the vanilla or the coffee

F: Heavy AF on the mouthfeel, no sharpness from the carb (minimal)

O: This is a very good beer, the look and smell are top notch. I wish it had some more carb overall and I could get a bit more coffee.

Nov 04, 2020
Fireman_RK from North Carolina

4.84/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

L: Dark mahogany viscous pour with a sandy head and slight lacing
S: Tons of maple and vanilla on the nose
T: Robust maple slightly reigned in by the coffee, but the sweetness is magnified by a creamy vanilla caviar
F: Thick and chewy - very nice
O: Just another stand out Big Poppa variant - decadent and rich. The maple is an incredible complement. Well done.

Sep 14, 2019
Sabtos from Ohio

4.31/5  rDev -7.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Viscous almost gloppy black out of the bottle, it forms a thin dark tan film that quickly settles to a thin chain.

Significant barrel spice and heat are right up front before the thick body envelopes the palate with maple, coconut, and mocha brownies. The finish actually cleans up and even becomes somewhat crisp to a semi-dry, tingly and only slightly sticky lip smacking swallow.

The barrel is significant here. Mature, spicy, peppery, and lightly charred with a caramel and even spiced rum character to it. This compliments the maple well, while tempering the decadence of the mocha, vanilla and coconut, which is like a swirling creme anglaise throughout.

Jul 30, 2019
deschutes_fan from California

4.91/5  rDev +5.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Thanks to my fellow beer buddy for bringing this beast to a tasting... what a treat!
Rich beyond belief, with insane maple syrup, coconut, and spicy rye. The coffee helps with the sweetness, but could probably use a bit more coffee to balance things out. But this beer isn't about balance, but about decadence.... a one of a kind and reminds me of the richness of VBDL

May 11, 2018
mothman from Minnesota

4.96/5  rDev +6.2%

On tap at wakefest.

This is a straight up maple bomb. Coffee shows a lot with a nice amount of coconut. Full bodied and fudgy. A lot of sweetness, but not cloying. Some vanilla mixed in. Really awesome!

Feb 18, 2018