Mutiny IPA | Capital Brewery

Liked:
3.35/5
Alströms:

4.44/5  rDev +32.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Yep, they are putting it in the CAN now and The CANQuest (TM) was delighted to score some at Riley's Wines of the World druing the annual visit to Madison, WI for the Great Taste of the Midwest!

From the CAN: "It's Time for a MUTINY!"

A loud Crack followed by an inverted Glug and I was off and running. I created two-plus fingers of dense, foamy French Vanilla-colored head from my pour. Color was a deep-gold with NE-quality clarity and right away, King Midas, Croesus and Mammon were all fighting for a taste (SRM = 6). Nose was really pine-y and while the Milwaukee version seemed to be a little off, this seemed like it was going to be right up my alley. Mouthfeel was better than average, not quite full, but approaching it. The pine of the hops was the centerpiece on this one and while there was certainly malt present, it was not going to be enough for the faint of heart. Sticky lacing began to appear with every draught from my glass. Finish was semi-dry and frankly very tasty. I ran through it much more quickly than I realized. I could have drank at least one more of that one.

4.22/5  rDev +26%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

3.99/5  rDev +19.1%

3.99/5  rDev +19.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

3.96/5  rDev +18.2%

3.93/5  rDev +17.3%

3.88/5  rDev +15.8%

Pours a nice, white head that is resiny, persistent, and laces nicely. Bright, citric hop aroma. Nice golden color. Starts off quite bitter with grapefruit/citrus rind. Builds into a medium bitterness, and then it just CLEARS as the malt rips through for a rich, biscuit like finish with lingering grapefruit hop bitterness.

Overall, this is quite good. I love the transition as the aggressive malt balances this one out very well. I'm not huge into that grapefruit/citrus rind hop profile, so if YOU are, add a few points up top.

I still am not sure how I'm taking to the idea of Capital making an IPA, hahaha
I love seeing them branching out, but I guess I'd love to see them branch out with some funky lagers.
I know Kirby is gone, and this is very well made, so I'll be interested to see what happens with Capital. At the least, I can't complain about another good, local IPA to choose from.

3.85/5  rDev +14.9%

Mutiny IPA pours a dark golden color with a small white head. There is a seawater like aroma with hints of hops. The taste has a drinkable hop flavors that finishes dry. Drinkable yet full flavors and full bodies. Overall a very nice complete IPA with some good flavors.

3.85/5  rDev +14.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Capital Mutiny IPA, Capital Brewery, Middleton, WI. Their first IPA? I think so.

Clear, golden / light amber hue, beautiful head of ivory foam. Nice looking.

Aroma: good'n'hoppy, plenty of citrus, lemon zest, lime spritz, some piney notes. Perfectly pleasant.

Taste: great hop bite up front, with plenty of juicy malt behind it. Some bitterness pounces the palate, but malt never stays far behind. Tasty stuff. Bright citrus fruit flavors, medium bitterness, light, lingering finish.

Very nice India Pale Ale. I could drink this one again and again.
Did not like their Double IPA at all, but this one is A-okay.

3.84/5  rDev +14.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

L: hazy amber
S: citrusy
T: very hoppy, not as citrusy as I'd like
F: a bit harsh and sweet
O: liked it more than I thought I would