Wild Rice | Capital Brewery

3.71/5
Alströms:

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
3.33/5  rDev -10.2%

A: Ultra clear yellow, looks just like any macro lager.

S: None. Seriously, maybe just a whiff of grain.

T: Grainy, sweet malts, some honey. Slight taste of a hop or two at the back.

M: Light, very crisp. Refreshing as heck.

D: Decent on the "D". This thing REALLY tastes like a Kolsch to me, not like the "herbed/spiced beer" as titled on BA. I need to visit their website and research this beer. If it's there, I'd buy it.

3.28/5  rDev -11.6%

Clear golden, fluffy initial head.

Smell is faint, predominately of grains.

Taste differs subtly from a macro lager. Grains (rice?), honey, and something else I can't place.

Mouthfeel crisp, medium fullness.

I didn't see this as a Herbed/Spice, felt like a macro to me. Pleasant enough, but didn't really excite me.

3.08/5  rDev -17%

Part of a haul a buddy brought when he visited from Chicago.

Consumed 8/28/09- from notes.

Brown 12oz bottle poured into a shaker glass.

A- Clear gold with a half finger spongy white head that settled to a super thin skim for the remainder of the glass. Pretty active carbination.

S- Light fruit almost like cherries, and maybe it was my imagination leading me because of the label but I swear I got a wiff of steamed white rice.

T- Again with the light fruit, sweet malt, pretty crisp.

M- Light body. Creamier than I expected, you hardly notice the carbination.

D- Pretty easy to drink, perfect for something refreshing since I was working on the truck in the heat.

3.08/5  rDev -17%

A - Very light orange color. Clear, with good bubble action rising to the top. Head pours moderate with decent retention. Head color is white and foamy.

S - Very unique. Spiced and almost saison-esque... Almost skunky...

T - Almost tastes like a lager, only sightly thicker... Almost skuny, I got this brew in a trade and am beginning to question if it's past due or not... Not a drain pour, but not my favorite.

M - Very dry and reserved... Not bad carbonation, but slightly over done.

D - Eh, decent, not great. I don't find myself craving the sip by any means.

I could see this brew being outstanding on a hot summer afternoon under the sun, but not great for indoor relaxing. Thanks for the trade MattPL!

3.06/5  rDev -17.5%

Wild Rice pours into the glass a nice, some what light, copper color. There is a nice foamy head that last for a reasonable amount of time, with a bit of lacing along the sides of the glass. There is an odd smell, which I can't figure out: a first there is a whif of yeast, the a metallic aroma, and then what must be spice. The taste is very similar to the smell, with a metallic-spice, sensation. A pleasant enough mouthfeel, but sadly the metallic flavor lingers on the tongue. I can't say that I would recommend this as a first choice, if other reasonable options are available.

A: Clear yellow-amber in color with virtually no head, not even a surface coating.

S: Bread. Light yeast, some grains and a little alcohol.

T: Grains and brown rice. A faint nuttiness and maybe even some cream. Some minimal hops on the ass end. Very short finish.

M: Light with medium carbonation.

D: Not much more going on here than an adjunct lager. Simplistic and while it does offer some benefits over your typical macro, there simply isn't much flavor or aroma. Really, about an average a beer as you can get.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last