Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Gourmet Weisse | Unertl Weissbier GmbH

Added by redmagik99 on 05-26-2008

Reviews by MTNboy:
3.51/5  rDev -2%
look: 3 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

I just bought this the other day so I know it is not retired. I will be honest It was a little darker than I thought it would be. There was a ton of head even with a light pour and the retention was amazing. The smell was roasty and full of yeast. The flavor was roasted grain, clove and banana. Overall not bad.

3.75/5  rDev +4.7%

3.49/5  rDev -2.5%

Poured into my Duvel tulip, a deep rich brown amber, massive head that doesn't want to die down, but when it does leaves a thick coat of lacing around the glass. Smell is a little off, akin to the normal results of a german wheat gone a little old, as this beer is. Thankfully the taste still holds out. Hops are not as drastically grassy. I really like the dark malt, giving the brew some caramelly sweetness, almost like a dopplebock if it were not for the massive carbonation. Not bad, but there are surely better representations of the style.

Gourmet Weisse from Unertl Weissbier GmbH