Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings!

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Nova Schin Malzbier | Brasil Kirin

YOUR RATING = None |
Awaiting 10 Reviews
Nova Schin MalzbierNova Schin Malzbier

Brasil Kirin
Brazil | website

Style: Schwarzbier

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by soper2000 on 03-01-2005

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 3
2.09/5  rDev +20.1%

Made a good head that dissipated quickly with a light brown color. Beer of dark mahogany color.
It has a sweet caramel aroma and a low-medium carbonation. Overly sweet taste, predominantly caramel. A little dry aftertaste. It is more a dessert then a traditional beer, though in the Brazilian Malzbier style.

1.51/5  rDev -13.2%

I was excited after my girlfriend brought back some beers from Brazil for me to try, until I tasted the Nova Schin.

Upon poring into the glass, I received only a faint smell of hops and noticed the light brown head soon disappear. The first taste was a shock and reminded me of a rootbeer candy. After a few more sips I identified the taste as being a flat rum and coke. There was nothing that reminded me of beer and I'm still not convinced it is.

This was honestly the worst beer I have ever had

Nova Schin Malzbier from Brasil Kirin
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.