Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Nova Schin Malzbier | Brasil Kirin

Brasil Kirin
Brazil
brasilkirin.com.br

Style: Schwarzbier

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by soper2000 on 03-01-2005

1.5/5  rDev -9.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.5/5  rDev -9.1%

Metallic aroma; the flavor is almost equal to New Schin common, but with a caramel together. The Crystal is better, has more "face" Malzbier.

2.09/5  rDev +26.7%

Made a good head that dissipated quickly with a light brown color. Beer of dark mahogany color.
It has a sweet caramel aroma and a low-medium carbonation. Overly sweet taste, predominantly caramel. A little dry aftertaste. It is more a dessert then a traditional beer, though in the Brazilian Malzbier style.

1.51/5  rDev -8.5%

I was excited after my girlfriend brought back some beers from Brazil for me to try, until I tasted the Nova Schin.

Upon poring into the glass, I received only a faint smell of hops and noticed the light brown head soon disappear. The first taste was a shock and reminded me of a rootbeer candy. After a few more sips I identified the taste as being a flat rum and coke. There was nothing that reminded me of beer and I'm still not convinced it is.

This was honestly the worst beer I have ever had

Nova Schin Malzbier from Brasil Kirin