Apricot Summer Weizen | Okanagan Spring Brewery

British Columbia, Canada
okspring.com

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Availability: Summer

Inspired by the bountiful orchards of BC’s Southern Interior, our Brewmaster has created this deliciously original recipe. An unfiltered wheat ale with the subtle flavour of apricot, it pairs well with all things summer.

Added by biboergosum on 04-19-2012

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast
1.5/5  rDev -55.5%

The apricot was over powering. It tasted more like pop than beer. Really disliked this beer.

1.5/5  rDev -55.5%

1.52/5  rDev -54.9%

Quite possibly one the the worst beers I have ever had. When I bought it I didn't see the word "Apricot" on the can. It's almost as if they were trying to hide the word. So it was a little misleading and probably why I gave it a low score, as it was a surprise. I didn't like the taste at all and neither did my wife. I found it tasted more like a cooler than a beer. The fruity taste was too much and the beer too sweet.

It was a challenge to finish the can and I still have five more...not sure what to do with them.

1.82/5  rDev -46%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

I opened the bottle, took a sip, i couldn't believe a beer could taste so bad. It's like i had poured a bottle of cologne in my mouth. I didn't feel like being a party pooper so i didn't rate it under 1.75, but it deserve to be banned from the market.

I've hard other apricot flavoured beers which tasted fine, but this Apricot Summer Weizen tasted very artificial and I could barely finish a bottle. My 2 other buddies agreed and I ended dumping 3 other bottles down the drain, I could'nt drink it.
Maybe I got a bad batch or it sat at the liquor store too long, but I was seriously disappointed.

2.12/5  rDev -37.1%

I agree with the other review. It is way too fruity - sort of like orange pop beer. I also missed seeing the small apricot on the can it is very misleading.
I would likely not have bought it if I had seen apricot on the can. I drank one and had to give away the other 3 in the mixed case. The best part of the case was thw free glass.

2.7/5  rDev -19.9%

2.75/5  rDev -18.4%

2.75/5  rDev -18.4%

2.98/5  rDev -11.6%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Poured from a 355ml bottle. Pours a cloudy yellowish orange colour. The word "apricot" on the label may be small (almost hidden), but the aroma and taste are pronounced in this hefeweizen. The nose is also very floral and perfumey with none of the classic hefe notes. Taste is similarly strongly redolent of apricot and flowers. A bit unbalanced, but certainly recommended for people who like their fruit beer to taste quite fruity.

3.2/5  rDev -5%

Poured from a bottle fetched from a "summer" mixed pack into a shaker pint glass. A coppery orange color, close to light brown, with an aggressive billowing white head that broke quickly. Aroma is detectable and fairly strong apricot with some bruised apple and a generic stale peppery spice. Little else for individually identifiable components, smells like a very fruity low hop wheat beer. Tastes like sour peach gummy candies, maybe hints of lime and mango, and some sweet bready malts that combine with the fruit notes to yield something like a apple fritter effect, albeit a subtle one. Rather buttery, coating mouthfeel which is odd considering the aggressive carbonation. Apricots do not taste this obvious when included in a mash or added during fermentation, even when used in large quantities. These guys must have added a ton of juice or flavor extract into the brew at the end of the process. I am not wild about this approach. The result resembles a vaguely beery peach/apricot soda or cooler. Could appeal to diehard fruit beer fans but I shall steer clear.

3.21/5  rDev -4.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

3.25/5  rDev -3.6%