Mill Street Vanilla Porter | Mill Street Brew Pub

millstreetbrewpub.ca

Style: English Porter

Added by Viggo on 12-12-2009

3.6

Amazing beer! I liked everything about it and I cannot wait to try their stout. This is a nitro beer, so the pour is fantastic and fun to watch. The vanilla taste is distinct, but not overpowering, and there is no nasty aftertaste. This is going to be a regular for me.

4.84/5  rDev +34.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Poured from a 500 ml nitro can.

L: Black brown with a beautiful brown head.

S: Dark chocolate malts with a slight hint of vanilla extract smell to it. With a small amount of coffee.

T: Smooth and creamy with a nice chocolate taste to it and a slight bitterness from a coffee taste but a nice vanilla taste that follows it threw the entire beer.

F: Very little to no carbination but from the nitro it makes the beer taste beautiful.

O: A fantastic beer and one of my favorites, will continue to buy this over and over again. Wish they sold this in a 6 pack or even more.

4.77/5  rDev +32.5%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.75/5  rDev +31.9%

4.75/5  rDev +31.9%

It does not get any Smoother than one of these

Coined a great desert beer!

4.7/5  rDev +30.6%

Poured from a 15 oz. nitro can

Beautiful not-brown color clouded with tiny nitrogen bubbles. A beautiful creamy beige head. It looks substantial.

Smells mainly of burnt sugar, in a good way, like home made candy.

This is a delicious and smooth beer! The nitrogen really makes for a creamy, easy drinking experience. I taste vanilla, and chocolate, and a bit of peanut butter. Seriously, this is like liquid Reese's cups. Delicious! You need to like sweetness to appreciate this beer, I think. There's just the faintest hint of hoppy bitterness.

Mouthfeel is wonderful, due to the nitrogen cartridge. Smooth and creamy and fantastic.

Overall, this is one of my favorite beers ever. It's so smooth and goes down easy. Be careful! you could chug a dozen of these and not realize it. I'll always like my hoppy IPAs, but this is like a beer treat. Beer candy? Whatever. I really like it.

4.68/5  rDev +30%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

A desert beer, omg this is good

4.68/5  rDev +30%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Tried my first one today the employee at the store recomended I thought it was really good great flavor and smell taste like vanilla and chocolate I thought it even started to taste better when it warmed up a bit maybe thats just me to I would deff recomend trying I will be trying again real soon

4.66/5  rDev +29.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.61/5  rDev +28.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

4.55/5  rDev +26.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.55/5  rDev +26.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Serving Type: 440 mL Can poured into a 500 mL Snifter

A- Pours a slight Opaque deep Ruby that is Jet black until you hold it up to a light source. Topped by a slightly off-white 1 finger head. Excellent retention. The head leaves behind thick lacing. The beauty of a Porter at it's finest.

S- Cocoa nibs, vanilla extract, and a light touch of creamy hazelnut. If I was blindfolded while smelling this beer, I would honestly think that I had a delicious vanilla-flavoured chocolate dessert in front of me.

T- Cocoa with a touch of sweet vanilla. Well balanced and easy drinking. Low Bitterness without being too sweet.

M- Light-Medium body and very low carbonation. Refreshing.

O- A beautiful example of what vanilla can add to a beer... Delicious cocoa and vanilla flavours here (don't be expecting a lot of roasty notes typical of Porters). Probably one of the best 'flavoured' beers that I had and easily the most refreshing.

4.53/5  rDev +25.8%

First review I've done on the site.

I bought 4 of these cans because of a previous experience that was very good. Last year was the first I had tried this beer. It was poured from a keg directly from mill st at the windsor hosted ontario craft beer festival.

Opening the can and the smell instantly brought back memories of that night at the festival.

I must say it is not 100% the same as it is from a fresh cracked keg but it is still great.

So onto the beer.

Look: Very dark brown, with a clear complexion, not cloudy, very bright khaki foam on the head.
Looks excellent in a glass.

Taste is very mild, easy to drink and carries the vanilla well as it mixes well with the hints of chocolate and hearty fullness of dark beers.
Almost no carbonation, super smooth with a thick frothy head creamy and enjoyable.
Lacks the thickness I remember from the keg.

If this beer was slightly thicker feeling or denser it would be less watery, this is my only issue with this beer.

Smell: vanilla, chocolate, very lightly hinted with fruit.

Overall, excellent an id recommend it to anyone who is a fan of dark brew or looking for a way into dark brew

9.5/10

4.52/5  rDev +25.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

A sweet desert beer, more subtle and balanced than other vanilla porters I've tried.

4.47/5  rDev +24.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

4.4/5  rDev +22.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.4/5  rDev +22.2%