Harvest Ale | Lunar Brewing

3.75/5
Alströms:

Reviews by emerge077:
3.88/5  rDev +3.5%

12 oz. pour in a flared pilsner glass.

Reddish brown body, frothy tan foam that laces all around with good retention. Toasty malt aroma, some bubblegum and yeastiness when swirled. They described this as incorporating 7 grains and Centennial hops. Firm dry bitterness up front, with toasty malt in the middle. Substantial body, yet still easy to put down. It has malt complexity and a firm bitterness that punctuates the flavor. A kitchen sink brew that comes across as as well put together. Worth a try at Lunar...

3.8/5  rDev +1.3%

Served in a shaker pint glass at the brewpub.

We were informed that this guy was brewed with hops grown in the backyard of the brewers' friend nearby. Right on, Ty. It pours a hazy sunset amber topped by a finger of light ecru foam. The nose comprises dark greens, coriander, flowers, caramel, and tobacco leaves. The taste holds notes of pine, flowers, grapefruit, greens, cedar, and what seems like a light toffee. The body is a light medium, with a light moderate carbonation and an almost sticky finish. Overall, a surprisingly hoppy monster here (though, with the aforementioned note about Ty's hops, I'm not sure why I'm all that surprised), but they are used quite well, forging a tasty bit o' brew.

I was happy to catch this one before it disappeared for the season.

It was served it the standard bar pint glass. The beer is a dark red with a tan head. It has sheets of lacing.

Nose of caramel, centennials and grains.

The taste is earthy (guessing from the combo of 7 grains) with nice back end piney bitterness. It surprised me by being a bit sour late.

The mouth is sturdy and coating.

Nice different take on a Harvest. I liked it and had it again when I returned two days later.

3.33/5  rDev -11.2%

Served in a pint glass at Lunar

It said on the little sheet that this beer was made with hops from "Ty's backyard". I had no idea who Ty was, but the bartender told me that he was sitting at the end of the bar...so there you go. This beer looks to be a pleasant red orange color with solid ecru foam. The aroma had some hop esters to it but also contains almost a black biscuit smell that I couldn't quite place. The taste isn't really all that pleasant to me. Perhaps it's just this batch, but there is a burnt caramel tastes with the moderate bitterness. I don't particularly think that they pair up all that well together, but everyone seems do enjoy that beer. It wasn't my favorite

Harvest Ale from Lunar Brewing