Clooney's Irish Red Ale | Third Street Aleworks

Style: Irish Red Ale

Added by watermelonman on 03-11-2004

Reviews by watermelonman:
4.38/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Pumped from the cask, this was a great looking beer. It was a very nice tone of red, had a brilliant creamy head, and looked excellent while it settled with a shimmering waterfall of bubbles. It left a nice looking lace with a bit of a speckled effect.

The flavor came through just as one would expect from looking at the beer. I can't quite put my finger on it well enough to do a good job of describing it in detail, but it was very tasty. It had just a hint of oak to remind the drinker where it came from. The mouthfeel was light and creamy. It goes down very easily and begs you to have another.

Afterwards, I went with something else in the name of variety. In hindsight, I would have done better with another pint of this.

4.45/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

I used to get this on cask and on tap, but they seem to have replaced it a little while ago. Anyway, I always take notes so I'll write my review in the hopes that tis reappears.

This has a dark red-copper body with a decent, foamy off-white head leaving a little decent lace.

The aroma and taste have wonderful blend of caramelly malt, woodiness, fruit, citrus, with a light hint of bread crust, great sweet-bitter flavour and balance, plus a light spicy quality. Very tasty and yet very easy to drink.

Clooney's Irish Red Ale from Third Street Aleworks