Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Augusta Honey Wheat | Augusta Brewing Company

3.19/5
Okay

Augusta Brewing Company
Missouri, United States
augustabrewing.com

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by soju6 on 09-02-2011

3.15/5  rDev 0%

Served on tap at the brewery, mile marker 66 on the Katy Trail. Pours a filtered golden yellow without much of a head. Nose is honey, spritzy, grassy hops, and some lemon notes. Taste starts off with lemon citrus flavors up front that move on a wheaty malt bill. Some honey and sweet grassy hops show up on the back end. Finishes a little dry. Mouth is full with a decent amount of carbonation. Overall, this is a decent APWA. I dont know if I would go out of my way to get it, but is served its purpose we'll on a hot day after 5 hours of riding.

3.23/5  rDev 0%

On tap at Ferguson Brewhouse, as a guest beverage.

A: Served a pale golden color with a small head that fades to a bit of lacing.

S: Mild grain aroma with a hint of honey sweetness.

T: Has a mild fresh grain flavor with a nice touch of honey sweetness. No real bitterness and a clean finish.

F: Light body and smooth. Good balance as the honey sweetness is not overpowering and there is no lingering sticky sweetness like some of this style.

Nice beer, nothing fancy or over the top for the style. I'm not big on wheat beers, but I do try to support my local brewers

Augusta Honey Wheat from Augusta Brewing Company