Moosehead Lager | Moosehead Breweries Ltd.

Moosehead LagerMoosehead Lager
3.04/5
Okay
Moosehead LagerMoosehead Lager

Moosehead Breweries Ltd.
New Brunswick, Canada
moosehead.ca

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Sold throughout Canada, The United States, and in select countries around the world, our flagship Moosehead Lager is often regarded as Canada’s premium lager. This golden, refreshing lager offers a fine balance between malt sweetness and hop bitterness. Brewed with 100% Canadian two-row pale malt and Moosehead’s own lager yeast, Moosehead Lager is cool-fermented and cold-aged to impart its award-winning flavour.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 07-26-2001

View: Beers
Ratings: 1,416 |  Reviews: 510

I drank Moosehead years ago . It was on sale at the my local store so I decided to buy without an expecting much more then taste of miller or Budweiser taste. I was pleasantly surprise of quality of Moose head beer.

Appearance ; It looks like a golden lager.

Smell: It smells much better then AA Lager. It has grassy hops and grain smell

Taste: It has some grassy and floral hops taste to it. Their is bitterness which lingers to end. It has great balance of bitter and sweet. It very refreshing because no adjunct added to it. Astronomical high drinkability to this beer! Their are a few beer which are close to it drinkability but not many.

Mouthfeel: Body is light to mild goes well with style. Carbonation is high then settles when you drank it.

Overall: This beer is perfect for my taste. It exceptional simple and clean, refreshing lager with some good beer taste to it. Moosehead beers beats out 99.99 lagers out on the market even European Lagers without the European Lager high price.

Supremely skunky brew. More flavor than Bud or Coors. Maybe skunkier because I'm down here in Texas, I like that though. I think this is darn good beer. Crisp and very enjoyable to drink, nice labeling, attractive green bottle. It reminds me of something- I think Mickey's Malt Liquor lol, maybe not. Just bought a six pack and this is the first Moosehead I've ever drank. Six packs are the dumbest invention- beer should not be sold in packaging of less than 12.

I thoroughly enjoyed this beer. I regularly buy the twelve packs because they are cheap and sometimes they have collectible bottle openers. This beer is your standard light and very drinkable beer. It is overcarbonated and doesn't have a whole lot of taste. It is extremely refreshing and crisp.

A: Pale yellow with a medium and thin foamy head that adds elegance, the logo is a drunk moose;

S: Some bitterness that invites you to take a sip;

T: Cooked vegetables, smoked malt and corn;

M: Very refreshing and crisp;

D: You get drunk very quickly, was the official beer of my group of friends.

As far as basic and inexpensive North American lagers go, this as close to perfect as you will find. At $9.99 a 12-pack, this is my go to beer.

Moosehead Lager is one of my go to beers. The taste is pretty good and has some decent carbonation...which I like. I would just like to mention that this beer is highly prone to skunking as it comes in a green bottle. If cans of this were available in the states I would buy that instead.

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

Moosehead beer is , without question, Nectar Of The Gods!! It is an iconic brew that has been true since 1867... It has a distinct taste that is unmistakable and pairs perfectly with hot days and skunk#1.... Solid in taste and alcohol content... Not a fad beer ... Not pandering to the latest fashion... Proudly independent... As far as the test of time, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!! Unapologetically authentic and bows to no fashion , real men can drink it and celebrate ;). Fashion beer of the month club, look elsewhere!

I'm reviewing that blonde lager beer at the highest rate possible because it doesn't deserve to be under the bar of 80%. This is a top quality beer that looks like a cheap one. No matter hows the taste I could describe, there's nothing really astonishing in the bottom of that green bottle but, it is a great fuckin tasting blonde beer! Seriously, it is a lager blonde light beverage which is very refreshing no matter I you're in a high heat kinda place or even in the coldest icy lands lik here in Canada. I really think you should reconsider that lager a good tasting beer in its category and regardless of its look, it deserve a noble respect.
Cheers!

4.82/5  rDev +58.6%

This beer is my favorite by far. For only $8 for a 12 pk of bottles you can not go wrong. The taste is very crisp and refreshing. No skunky or bitter after taste and just all around, in my opinion, the best beer. I am sure many will not agree with me on this and i respect that. But this is just my opinion.

4.8/5  rDev +57.9%

As far as mainstream lagers go, this one is probably the best and most definitely my favorite, great taste, feint hint of hops, not an unpleasant after taste (quite dry, not pasty like many mainstream lagers). If you compare this to pricey craft beers it might not rank, but I am guessing you would enjoy 6 or 8 of these in a row (VERY sessionable) rather than 6 or 8 pricey, hoppy IPAs.
Beers should be compared category by category, and Moosehead is one of the best in its lane, maybe it is the fresh Canadian water, maybe it is because they don't outsource production, either way its a damn fine lager, and sometimes a lager is the perfect beer..

4.76/5  rDev +56.6%

My favorite!
5% ABV highly refreshing golden lager.
It offers a fine balance between malt sweetness and hop bitterness.
Brewed longer with age-old yeast culture, it imparts a delicious and unique flavor.

Because of the green bottle, it is very sensitive to light so in order to avoid it being light struck, protect it from light as much as possible. I enjoy it with a slice of lime as well.

4.75/5  rDev +56.3%

4.74/5  rDev +55.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.71/5  rDev +54.9%

Moosehead has a phenomenal taste. Easily the best beer I've ever had. It has a very pleasing feel in your mouth and is good year round. The price is decent too. I have found it for around $11.99 for a 12 pack. If you don't like this beer then something is wrong with you.

Moosehead Lager from Moosehead Breweries Ltd.
Beer rating: 3.04 out of 5 with 1,416 ratings